Newest Review: ... If you live near buy I would get a membership, it's a fantastic deal for considering the unlimited access and 20% off and ensures t... more
Fantastic day out for anybody
Member Name: k32x
Advantages: value for money, interesting, full day out,
I have visited Chester zoo at least 10 times in my lifetime, and will continue to go back again and again. With over 400 different species at the zoo, it is a feast of things to see, do and experience. The range of animals is absolutely staggering and it is fascinating to be able to see them all up close. Whether it's the tigers, lions, jaguars, or the free flying bat house which visitors can go into; there will be something for everyone. It is also fantastic to see that Chester zoo provides the animals with spacious and appropriate enclosures. Chester zoo focuses a lot on conservation and they have a lot of information for interested visitors about the work that they do to try and conserve species and habitats around the world.
The admission cost varies throughout the year depending on the business of that season. The highest cost, between July and September is about £17 for an adult and £12.50 for a child. For this price you get access to all of the animal exhibits, and to Chester zoo's famous gardens where they show flowers from all over the world. The parking at Chester zoo is also free. There is plenty in the zoo to keep children entertained, including a play area, face painting and even mini golf.
The zoo is huge and is spread out over a large area so it is a good idea to wear sensible shoes and be prepared for a bit of walking, but there are plenty of restaurants, cafes and drink stores to keep you refreshed along the way. The zoo also has a monorail which is free to use once you have paid admission so you can save your legs if you suddenly realise you want to be at the other end of the zoo! The monorail is also great fun and gives you a different viewpoint of the zoo. The wheelchair accessibility at the zoo is also great.
As you can probably tell, I can't recommend this zoo enough. I think it is a great place to go for a full day out, and it is fun and interesting for people of all ages.
Summary: Go if you get the chance!
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- The highlight of Kettering, which isn't saying much...
- If you love animals....Get A Membership!!!!!
- Brilliant family day out near Weston
- Ride the SAW
- Bang, bang, bang on the glass........................
- Tweddles farm the best farm around x
- Inacurate Information
- Flamingo Land
- Wookey hole review
- Great day out for little ones
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Willows Farm Village (St Albans)
- Tropical Butterfly House, Wildlife & Falconry Centre (Sheffield)
- Sealife Adventure (Essex)
- Aquasplash (Hemel Hempstead)
- Scottish Deer Centre (Cupar, Scotland)