Newest Review: ... the wood play area brought on my sons and he had an attack. £15 each with an the online discount including the young ones, who we discove... more
Digger fun in the mud!
Member Name: wendybull
Advantages: Good rides for younger kids
I recently went to Diggerland in Rochester, Kent for a day out. My sister had some free tickets and this meant we only had to pay for one child which really helped. If you don't have any free tickets then I think this is much too expensive at £15 a head for over 3's.
However, we had a good fun day, although the site was much smaller than I expected and there was enough to do for about 4 hours. We went in the October half term and although we had to queue for a couple of the rides, it was not ridiculous like Alton Towers and we managed to go on everything there through the course of the day.
The rides ranged from static diggers where you had to use the digger arm to unearth buried treasure or pick up ducks, to large diggers you could operate and move mud around. There were also rides on land rovers, which threw you all around the back while it bounced over muddy hills and banks and another large digger with a 15 seater arm on the front. This was my favourite as it simply drove round and round in the mud, bouncing you around and spinning from side to side. It was very funny.
You could alos go on go-carts and other wheeled machines around tracks which was fun, and they had a large ride which went high in the air then spun round. My 4 year old daughter went on this so it was not too violent!
There were good facilities with toilets in the main ride section and also a restaurant although we took a packed lunch. I was annoyed that the first ride we saw upon entering was the Bumper Cars and you had to get a £1 token per car to ride them!
All in all though it was a fun day, although again I would not pay full price. Oh - and wear wellies or old boots - you will get muddy!
Summary: RECOMMENDED IF YOU HAVE FREE TICKETS
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- a great family treat
- Legoland should be closed
- Lego Land-Never again
- Fun play park for the less adventoruous and younger children
- Fantastic day out for younger families.
- Best theme park in the country
- Never again.
- Fishy Fun
- Come and be a Pirate, Fairy or Cowboy for the day!
- The adventures in Robin Hill
- The Parrot Zoo (Friskney)
- Blackbrook Zoo (Staffordshire)
- Loch Lomond Sea Life Aquarium (Loch Lomond, Scotland)
- Baytree Owl Centre
- Oakwood Park (Narbeth, Pembrokeshire)
- Dartmoor Otters and Buckfast Butterflies Sanctuary (Devon)
- Dudley Zoological Gardens
- Cornwall's Crealy Great Adventure Park (Cornwall)
- Active Kid Toys and Adventure Park (Perthshire)
- Porfell Wildlife Park and Sanctuary (Cornwall)