Newest Review: ... the wood play area brought on my sons and he had an attack. £15 each with an the online discount including the young ones, who we discove... more
A great day!
Author Name: David
Advantages: The actual diggers are numerous, bright yellow and AWESOME
Disadvantages: - Some older static stuff (slides, zip lines etc) could use a coat of paint.
I took my two boys (6 & 8) to the Devon Digger land yesterday (Saturday 28th May 2011) and had a great time.
We were there from 12-4pm and could have stayed longer, 'driving' and 'controlling' several different sized diggers, mini dumper trucks and a big JCB.
Even my 6 year old was able to control much of the machinery on his own, which when you consider how much these rigs cost to buy and maintain and the usual OTT safety margins of the average amusement park, made the admission fee of £17pp (£15pp if you book online) justifiable IMO.
- Some older static stuff (slides, zip lines etc) could use a coat of paint (but still fun)
- Bumper cars are extra (we had fun on these too, at £1 a car, but it is optional)
- Not much in the way of decent catering (I would take a packed lunch, like we did)
- It's not as big as somewhere like Creally etc (nor as annoying)
- The batteries on the electric go-karts ran out mid afternoon (the boys wanted to go on these a bit more)
- Staff (mostly teens) were all polite, helpful and friendly to the kids
- Very little queueing (this alone deserves a star nowadays I think)
- All rides are supervised at all times
- The actual diggers are numerous, bright yellow and AWESOME, for kids and dads (and possibly mums?)
- Minumum height restrictions are refreshingly low. My 6yo was able to drive most machinery on his own
and the rest sat on dad's lap.
- Free Ball pool and mini bouncy castle
- Repeat free rides on all machinery (except bumper cars)
My kids wanted to go again the next day.
Summary: My kids wanted to go again the next day.
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Dartmoor Otters and Buckfast Butterflies Sanctuary (Devon)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Dudley Zoological Gardens
- Cornwall's Crealy Great Adventure Park (Cornwall)
- Active Kid Toys and Adventure Park (Perthshire)
- Porfell Wildlife Park and Sanctuary (Cornwall)