Newest Review: ... Engines and Sodor Classic Cars are great the under two's, rides like Rockin' Bulstrode, Diesel's Locomotion Mayhem and Crazy Bertie Bus ar... more
Dream theme park.
Drayton Manor (Staffordshire)
Member Name: trayrope
Drayton Manor (Staffordshire)
Advantages: Good price and not to crowded.
Yesterday was my husbands 40th birthday and to help him get over it we all trekked of to Drayton manor for the day.
The theme park is situated in 280 acres of lakes and parkland and has a large array of rides and attractions.
Drayton manor park is near Tamworth Staffordshire just of the a38/a446, j9 m42 & exit t2 m6 toll. It is pretty easy to navigate to using a sat nav.
Drayton Manor Park limited
Tel: 0844 472 1950
1. 4d cinema - this year showing happy feet.
2. Apocalypse - a stand up tower drop
3. G - force - a very good rollercoaster
4. Maelstrom - a gyro swing that faces outwards
5. Pandemonium - a rather scary swing that goes through 360 degrees.
6. Shockwave - the only stand up roller coaster in Europe
7. Splash canyon - water rapids
8. Storm force 10 - a reverse chute log flume
1. Thomas and friends exhibition
2. Knapford station
3. Troublesome trucks runaway coaster
4. Diesels locomotion mayhem
5. Jeremy's flying academy
6. Crazy bertie bus
7. Harold's heli tours and shed
8. Rocking bulstrode & sodor docks
9. Cranky's drop tower
10. Sodors classic cars
11. Lady's carousel
12. Terence's driving school
13. Emily's adventure play
14. Thomas land shop
15. Spencer's activity park
1. Dino trail
3. Pirate adventure
4. The jolly buccaneer - pirate ship
5. The wild west shoot out
7. buffalo coaster
We also visited the zoo which is set in 15 acres of land and is home to over 100 hundred species. We especially liked the big cats; ring tailed lemurs, penguins and meerkats.
The ticket prices are quite reasonable considering you get a zoo and a theme park
Adults - £28
Children - £24
Over 60's - £14
Disabled visitor and helper - £19 each
Under 4 - free
Family of 3 - £68
Family of 4- £92
Family of 5 - £115
If you buy on line the day before you go off the web site or last minute.com you will make a considerable saving on price.
There are plenty of places to eat and crash out. The restaurants are all reasonably priced and you must have an ice cream from a.j's ice cream parlour. We always take a picnic with us there are plenty of benches next to the lake to eat at.
Early in the season there are very few queues so that means you can pack more rides in. If you go on storm force 10 I strongly advise you to wear a rain cover you will get very wet. I did.
There is also a camp site. I've never stayed there but it has all the usual facilities
Electric hook up pitch - £25 per night
Standard pitch - £15 per night
Awnings and pup tents - £5 extra
Drayton manor also does weddings and has corporate facilities.
All in all a fantastic value day out and we will be going again.
Summary: A good all round family park with a zoo thrown in.
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Stockley Farm (Arley)
- Landmark Forest Theme Park (Carrbridge)
- Butterfly and Insect World (Edinburgh)
- Cairngorm Reindeer Herd (Aviemore)
- The Tortoise Garden (Cornwall)