Newest Review: ... adult or children over 2 on a peak day - under 2s are free. There are discounts for families of 2 or more and larger groups. See the websi... more
An amazing day out for all the family - tips to keep it cheap!
Drusillas Park (East Sussex)
Member Name: nickynoo007
Drusillas Park (East Sussex)
Advantages: Fun for all the family
Disadvantages: Can be expensive especially if the weather changes
We visited Drusillas during the October Half Term. 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a toddler. Prices were expensive as it was a school holiday and so peak - Individuals (Aged 2 plus) £14.30, reductions for elderly, disabled or carers so check out their websit before you go. Also do cheaper family admissions but don't save a great deal. We always use our Tesco Clubcard deal vouchers - need to send off for them about 2-3 weeks in advance if you are a clubcard points collector. Get 4 times the value (soon to be reduced to 3 times the value), but still well worth it. We used £15 in clubcard points and all got in free. No hassle in using the vouchers and staff very helpful.
It was very busy but the children all enjoyed it, as did the adults! Try and get there early as the farm can get a bit clogged up. Stay later and the play area gets quieter from about 3pm so the adults can play too. The train is very busy midday so try and get there early or later to save queuing especially if you have younger children.
Take a picnic with you to save the cost and queues of the cafes. Also helpful for hungry toddlers/children to snack on as you go round. Please make sure they wash their hands after the farm though. Lots of picnic tables near the Thomas the train station. Or picnic in the playareas before the shop, as after the shop is he extra attractions - climbing wall, inflatable slide etc and you may not want childrening pestering whilst you eat.
Check out the website for their event days as we went during halloween and they had a spooky dig to win a small bag of sweets which just added a pleasant touch to the day.
Summary: Use Tesco Clubcard vouchers and take apicnic
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- hard to find but worth a visit
- Over hyped over priced and over here!
- Waste of money
- Is that a Penguin...... ermm nope it's a Magpie!!
- Fantastic Day out for all the family
- Fantastic day out for anybody
- A Night of Frights and Thrills (Thorpe Park Fright Night 2010)
- Great day out for little ones
- A good zoo but looking a bit tired.
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Go Ape! Wyre Forest (Worcestershire)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Galloway Wildlife Conservation Park (Scotland)
- Apple Jacks The Amazing Adventure Park (Stretton)
- York Maze (York)
- Funland (Hayling Island)