Newest Review: ... The zoo is fairly expensive, especially if you are taking a whole famly: an adult costs Euro15.50, and age 3-16 cost Euro11.00. Senio... more
A peaceful haven within a bustling busy city
Member Name: Juliepringle
Advantages: reasonably priced, animals easy to see, plenty of benches dotted about to sit on
Disadvantages: very large expansive layout - not suitable for mobility issues unless you have a wheelchair
Dublin zoo is a haven of peace and quiet within the bustling city of Dublin. Situated in the middle of Phoenix Park, it is easily accessable by bus, car or on foot. The bus stops right outside Phoenix Park and the zoo is only a couple of hundred metres past the entrance.
Having been to many zoos and wildlife parks in my time, I must say Dublin Zoo for me was by far the best. It has an impressive array of animals and wildlife, all of which are very easy to spot within their enclosures. One of my favourite animals is the Red Panda. They had 2 of them, in an enclosure which did not have high trees in it, therefore you could see the animals very well. It is a large zoo, well spaced out, therefore if you have mobility problems it may not be ideal. The African Plains area where the lions/tigers/rhinos are was so large an area that I couldn't walk round it so had to bypass that part. All in all though we found it an excellent day out, and they do have a lot of benches dotted about to sit on should you need a rest.
Some hotels have vouchers for money off if you check their leaflets. The hotel we stayed at had £2 off an adult entry.
I would definately go back to Dublin Zoo next time I am in Dublin and would recommend it.
Summary: An excellent day out for all the family, easy to get to
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- You'll not want to go home before sun down
- Drusillas a day of fun!
- BRILLIANT FARM........STUNNING SURROUNDINGS!!
- Where are the animals?
- Sundown Adventureland
- Meerkats, fish, birds and butterflies, what more do you want?!
- Cold day out on the farm
- Taste of the farm for the little ones
- A fabulous day out for families x
- A Family Friendly Theme Park..
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Peter Pan's Playground (Ryde)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Sealife Centre (Scarborough)
- Tropiquaria Zoo (Somerset)
- Greenwood Forest Park (Gwynedd)
- Heads of Ayr Park Farm (Ayr)