Newest Review: ... kids being rather upset. We visited Blackpool Zoo last year and the range of animals was much better. In Edinburgh Zoo, there are no elep... more
Member Name: 6rosco9
Advantages: Lots of different animals
Disadvantages: Not suitable for all
Edinbuirgh Zoo is the only zoo existing in Scotland (although there are a few safari parks about now) It is home to the only polar bear in Scotland and its main attraction (in my opinion) are the penguins, who do a march of the grassy area everyday. There are many different animals to view at the parks, but I wouldn't recommend it for those that find it hard to walk long distances or are walking impaired as it is a very large park and is very hilly.
The zoo has a very high level of conservation, with rhinos and their polar bears and chimps. There is also quite alot of research going on at the zoo too.
The zoo opening times do very throughout the year, in the winter they are open shorter hours and in the summer thi is longer. Prices for addmission are £14 for adults, £9.50 for children aged between 3-15 and children under 3 are free. There are various discounts available for family tickets and group discounts.
Overall this is a great day out and something the kids will really enjoy!!
Summary: Brilliant day out
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Where else could you hold a snake, race a pig and get a ferret down your trouser ...
- You'll not want to go home before sun down
- not value for money
- Dare you read this review and live?
- Unmissable with kids!
- Drayton Manor
- Cold day out on the farm
- Taste of the farm for the little ones
- Off to the zoo!
- A Family Friendly Theme Park..
- Amazonia World Of Reptiles (England)
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- The Ark Open Farm (County Down)
- Blackbrook Zoo (Staffordshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Birds of Prey Centre (Biggleswade)
- Billy Badger's Play Den: Moreton Park Hotel (Chirk, North Wales).