Newest Review: ... as many of the habitats were empty, and there were alot of areas that were closed off and being worked on. Their new reptile house appears... more
ITV's Tiger Island
Isle of Wight Zoo
Member Name: tinkerbella21
Isle of Wight Zoo
Advantages: The lovely white tiger
Disadvantages: not much to do there and very small
We visited the Isle of Wight Zoo as it was advertised as the 'home of ITV's Tiger Island' so we thought it must be good and at £6.50 entry thought it to be quite reasonable.
We took our 2 year old son as he likes to look at animals but we were quite disappointed.
Part of the park was under construction so had no animals at all and some of the tigers had been moved out while they construct a exhibit for them. We did see a lovely white tiger who was gorgeous and a couple of male lions, and jaguars.
There were a couple of monkeys in another display and also some lemurs,but that was about it.
The play area for children was also closed under construction so our son was quite upset by that as children do.
All in all it took around 45 mins to 1 hour to look around the whole zoo which all of a sudden no longer seemed like value for money.
Maybe when all the construction is complete it will be more interesting but i am sure the price too will go up!
Summary: Probably would be better when improvements have been completed
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Visit Europe's Longest Rollercoaster At Lightwater Valley!!!!!
- More More Exmoor!
- SAFARI AND ADVENTURE PARK
- A giant theme park!
- A fun finding out day out!
- Gulliver's World, Warrington
- I went to the animal fair...
- An enjoyable visit and good value.
- Stuff for the kids, adults are out of luck.
- One Big Adventure
- Amazonia World Of Reptiles (England)
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Crealy Adventure Park (Devon)
- Twycross Zoo (Warwickshire)
- Norfolk Dinosaur Adventure Park
- Gulliver's Kingdom (Derbyshire)
- Colchester Zoo