Newest Review: ... 1 ticket which meant with the £3 for parking (what a piss take that is!) we paid £165 for myself and 3 children.......my partner was free... more
inventive and great fun family day out
Member Name: poco
Advantages: something for everyone
Disadvantages: expensive - terrible food
We went along in the low season. It was my first family theme park visit and we grossly under estimated the time we were going to spend queing. Fortunately, my young son wasn't old enough for the rides with the longest queues but it was still pretty bad. The park itself is amazing however. Nestled in a valley with Windsor in the distance it is a really attractive venue. The rides and 'worlds' you can enter are great. Really varied and something for everyone. The food in the cafe (the one near the gold panning) was horribly expensive and horrible to taste. I had the ribs which were on par with the worst fast food joint and cost as much as you'd pay for a main meal in a decent restaurant. Take sandwiches! Get there really really early. We went for the afternoon only and it was simply not enough time. We also left when the park shut which was a huge mistake. We queued for over an hour to get out of the park.
Summary: get there early and leave before everyone else
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Reindeer are not just for Christmas!
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach: Fast and Frantic lots of Fun
- Bring the whole troop along!
- Alton Towers: Thrills & spills set in the hills!
- A Different Day Out...
- Great fun for all ages!!
- Fishy Fun
- Bewilderingly Expensive
- Come and be a Pirate, Fairy or Cowboy for the day!
- The adventures in Robin Hill
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Peter Pan's Playground (Ryde)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Sealife Centre (Scarborough)
- Tropiquaria Zoo (Somerset)
- Greenwood Forest Park (Gwynedd)
- Heads of Ayr Park Farm (Ayr)