Newest Review: ... 1 ticket which meant with the £3 for parking (what a piss take that is!) we paid £165 for myself and 3 children.......my partner was free... more
Good fun, may cost but children will love
Member Name: Natskin
Advantages: Lots of attractions, frequent shuttle service, low height restrictions
Disadvantages: Waiting times, food prices and waiting (although to be expected)
Legoland Windsor is great fun, it's one of those places where there is something for everyone. The park was massive, so although it can cost a lot, there is a lot to see. I think they have probably added a lot in the last few years as comparing the Windsor park online with the original in Billund in Denmark, there seems to be about the same amount of rides.
Avoid the train ride (VERY slow queue and just wasn't worth missing other rides for) and plan your visit using the map. We saved one of the most popular rides, Pirate Falls (log flume) until last so queue was shorter. Did end the day soaked, though! Fire engine ride good fun. Take your own food/drink. Watch the Johnny Thunder show, which is really entertaining. Really, you probably need 2 days to get to go on everything and see all the shows.
Be aware that there is one long road in and out and so traffic at the end of the day was at a standstill. Shuttle bus from Windsor Castle is good value, but the last one collects half an hour after official closing time, although was late, but be careful as a taxi in that traffic queue would cost a fortune!
We spent a bit of time queing for rides, but the longest was about an hour, and this was to be expected on a sunny Saturday in the summer holidays. We used the time standing around to enjoy ice lollies (Ice Age lollies are only £1.20 ish, lots cheaper than Mr Whippy), take and review photos, chat and eat. You can buy Q-bot, virtual queing to save you standing around in lines, but at £10 each +£50 deposit, I thought this was too pricey. Either pay or expect to wait at busy times.
You can normally search the internet for 2for1 offers, or sometimes get these in shops, alternatively use Tesco Clubcard Deals Tokens, which are normally worth 4 times as much as they would be in Tesco stores.
Summary: You expect to have a good time - and to spend a lot - and you do do both!
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- You'll not want to go home before sun down
- Lovely animals but mostly for the kids!
- A fun day out
- A good wet weather attraction
- Take a walk on the wild side of Blackpool
- Fantastic Fun at Flambards!
- Too much even for the fish fanatic
- Gulliver's World - A Mix of Good and Not So Good
- A fabulous day out for families x
- Chester Zoo. Great place to visit.
- The Parrot Zoo (Friskney)
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Blackbrook Zoo (Staffordshire)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Loch Lomond Sea Life Aquarium (Loch Lomond, Scotland)
- Baytree Owl Centre
- Oakwood Park (Narbeth, Pembrokeshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)