Newest Review: ... inside to get out in an emergency. ** The aquarium experience** Once inside the main exhibition area you are led on a route that leads... more
Member Name: SepticTank
Advantages: Good location, nice layout
Disadvantages: Not particularly special..
The London Aquarium is located on the river Thames near to the London Eye and several art galleries and is therefore not at the top of the attractions list in the area.
However, it is quite a well designed aquarium and is well worth visiting. There arent loads of fish there and many of the species are nothing particularly special; you can see them in pretty much any aquarium. However, the design of the aquarium and the way the shark tank has been layed out is very good.
The aquarium has been layed out on two floors, with the gift shop and entrance on the floor above. The aquarium is all underground, making the walkways darker to highlight the light coming from the tanks and so as not to scare the fish too much either.
Flashing cameras arent allowed because they may scare the fish but don't let this deter you; the aquarium is a very good place to visit if you're in London for a few days and enjoy looking at wildlife and animals.
Summary: Nice aquarium, although it's not much different to any other
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Amazonia World Of Reptiles (England)
- The Ark Open Farm (County Down)
- Blackbrook Zoo (Staffordshire)
- Loch Lomond Sea Life Aquarium (Loch Lomond, Scotland)
- Oakwood Park (Narbeth, Pembrokeshire)
- Go Ape! Grizedale Forest (Hawkshead)
- Foel Farm Park (Brynsiencyn)
- Anglesey Sea Zoo (Brynsiencyn)
- Pili Palas Butterfly Palace (Menai Bridge)
- Seven Sisters Sheep Centre (East Dean)