Newest Review: ... sorts of weird and wonderful creatures. Hall one contains the animals that are currently involved in London Zoo's conservation projects. ... more
A full day out
Member Name: tree_hugger
Advantages: Great for children and adults alike, much to see
Disadvantages: Small enclosures may leave some feeling uneasy
I went for to London Zoo for the first time last week and overall it was okay.
Firstly it was well laid out, we went early and did not have to queue (essential when you have three kids with you). We were given a map and found the different areas fairly easily. There are many exhibits there, it really is a full day out so young children will get tired. There are the African animals, penguins, aquariums, reptile houses, rainforest areas, etc etc. Many things that will keep you and any children amused and wide-eyed.
I do have a couple of criticisms though. I thought many of the pens for the larger animals were far too small, it is very much a zoo and not a haven for animals. The gift shop was expensive and I had to pay extra to let the children on the bouncy castles (which I thought was very cheeky considering the entry price).
The price was £16.80 for adults, £13.30 for children (3-15 years), toddlers free. The London Zoo website fails to mention that if you arrive by train and show your travel tickets you can get a 2 for 1 offer, this should be further publicised.
Apart from that it is a good day out, if I was uneasy with the size of some of the enclosures.
Summary: A good day out but I feel a safari park would be better money spent
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Flutterby Butterfly
- This place has really improved
- Great theme park
- Gulliver's World Theme Park - Warrington
- Anyone for an adrenaline pumping high-wire adventure?
- Very Fishy
- Not a Sea-Life Centre I recommend.
- Expensive, Dirty & Dangerous
- Too much even for the fish fanatic
- Chester Zoo. Great place to visit.
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Butterfly Farm (Stratford-upon-Avon)
- Whipsnade Wild Animal Park (Bedfordshire)
- Longleat Safari Park (Wiltshire)
- Camelot Theme Park (Lancashire)
- Blue Planet Aquarium (Cheshire)