Newest Review: ... around the place were hot dog stands with chips and burgers so food is accessible but looking to keep costs down we did not take advan... more
Crouching tiger, komodo dragon
Member Name: Natskin
Advantages: All sorts of animals
Disadvantages: No ellies! :o)
This place was absolutely massive!! WE had a quite a few hours to spend in the zoo, but were really rushing to see it all towards the last couple of hours. There is the main park and across the road is the Out of Africa section, so do allow yourself a whole day, especially if there are little ones too.
Getting the negatives at the way, there was nowhere to leave bags for the day which was pretty annoying as we were on the way back from a 3day break! The other thing, which isn't really a criticsm to the zoo, but for some reason we though there would be elephants and there wasn't.
Be sure to check out the enclosures that you can walk into. There's a tropical birds one, butterflies and, best of all, is the Squirrel Monkeys. It's quite strange to be allowed in with them as they scamp around and you could spend a lot of time watching and taking pictures as they're pretty curious of people!
Try to get to the displays, but you can't do them all in one day
Summary: Huge, fun zoo
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- A nice way to spend the morning
- A good wet weather attraction
- Take a walk on the wild side of Blackpool
- Fantastic Fun at Flambards!
- Good fun, may cost but children will love
- Cold day out on the farm
- Taste of the farm for the little ones
- Off to the zoo!
- A Family Friendly Theme Park..
- Cheap and Cheerful Zoo
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Wookey Hole (Somerset)
- Fantasy Island Skegness (Lincolnshire)
- Wicksteed Leisure Park (Northamptonshire)
- Sundown Adventureland (Nottinghamshire)
- Flamingo Land (North Yorkshire)