Newest Review: ... on entry to the park there are scooters that can be borrowed for a £10 returnable deposit (plus some identification). It is a long walk r... more
The magnificent Monkey Park for the welfare of monkies
Monkey World (Dorset)
Member Name: ruthosborne1
Monkey World (Dorset)
Advantages: Care and welfare for rescued primates, a wonderful day out
Disadvantages: Transport links to the centre
Monkey world is a wildlife centre for monkeys set in Wool, Dorset in the heart of the countryside. The centre has been running for years and it is highly acclaimed for caring for both sick, injured and abandoned monkey's from around the world.
The centre is priced at a reasonable rate with single prices starting from £6.50 - £10.50. There do obviously however have discounts for groups, families, OAPs and students. It is a great day out for a reasonable price and you can eat on site also, but there are plenty of areas to have picnics and enjoy watching the monkey's. The park is open from September to June with the following times
10am - 5pm and then July to August 10am - 6pm.
The summer is not always the best time to go, obviously it is lovely to walk around in the sunshine and enjoy ice cream, but the best time I have spent at monkey world is when I went in the depth of the winter and is was so quiet the monkey's were completly basing the focus on us and we had so much fun and laughter simply watching them put on shows, running around, enjoying one anothers company and being able to see each and every monkey, whereas this can sometimes be very difficult in the summer when it is so incredibly packed you can miss you on alot.
The park is a rescue centre and hence the monkey's and chimps there have been rescued and some are within the medical units which although can be upsetting to read about is absolutely endeering and beautiful to watch as they are happy and they know how they are being treated with respect and care and this is very evident throughout.
The park hosts a huge adventure playground which is alot of fun for both children and adult alike as well as well as the large picnic area.
Overall this rescue centre is w onderful day out for the family and I have been many times and never fail to want to go back year after year. A supreb park caring for primates and doing their job with exquisite notion.
Summary: A magical day out for all the family
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- No Refunds
- An amazing day out for all the family - tips to keep it cheap!
- Lords, lemurs and Western Lowland gorillas
- Longleat - a fun day out for the whole of the family
- Gulliver's World, Warrington
- I went to the animal fair...
- An enjoyable visit and good value.
- Stuff for the kids, adults are out of luck.
- One Big Adventure
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Ducky's Park Farm (Cumbria)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Haven Holidays, Craig Tara Holiday Park (Ayr)
- Edinburgh's Winter Wonderland
- Mead open Farm (Leighton Buzzard)
- Ponderosa Rural Therapeutic Centre (West Yorkshire)