Newest Review: ... the queues wouldn't be half as bad as it was for us if it was a normal day. There are two payment booths made in a nice wooden hut style ... more
Newquay Zoo (Cornwall)
Member Name: jenmck
Newquay Zoo (Cornwall)
Advantages: great entertainment for the kids
We visited Newquay Zoo on a drizzly day in June this year (2011). With two small boys (age 1 and 3) we needed somewhere to go and keep them entertained. We were staying in Padstow so Newquay Zoo was only a 30min drive. It is well signposted once in Newquay and has a carpark close by.
It's not the biggest Zoo (when compared to Chester Zoo) we had been too however had plenty of the usual animals monkeys, penguins, zebra's, lions and of course meerkats. It also has a small farm area with sheep, goats, pigs and chickens. Everything was nicely spaced out but not too far apart for little legs to walk around.
We ate at one of the snack bars, which did a lunch box for the kids (sandwich, crisps, yoghurt and drink). ice picnic area with large umbrellas for the British weather! the only nuisance was the large number of greedy seagulls which would take food out of hands if allowed.
Zoo also had a nice little play area for the kids to run around.
Overall a nice few hours were spent wandering round despite the weather, and the boys had fun. far better value for money and time that the Aquarium.
PS my youngest son is now obsessed by penguins and carries a toy baby penguin everywhere he goes
Summary: cheeky monkeys
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Landmark Theme Park Carrabridge - Fun for all the family
- The Wheel of Windsor goes Round and Round
- Ooh Ooh Ooh, you should come too!
- My legs are still wobbly!
- Nickelodeon Land - More Of A Village!
- I never realised things could get this wild in Doncaster
- Gulliver's World, Warrington
- I went to the animal fair...
- British seaside fun in the (sometimes) sun!!
- London's Hidden Gem
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- The Hop Farm Family Park (Kent)
- Skipsea Sands Holiday Park (Yorkshire)
- Twinlakes Park (Melton Mowbray)
- Go Ape (Northumberland)
- Thorpe Park Fright Night