Newest Review: ... finally get inside a warehouse like area, with TV screens playing Jigsaw's message to the riders and creepy music which adds to the at... more
The scariest ride I have ever experienced.
Saw The Ride (Thorpe Park)
Member Name: missgroovychick
Saw The Ride (Thorpe Park)
Advantages: Keeps to the film theme
Disadvantages: Don't eat before hand, it makes it worse!
After going to Thorpe park 4 times at different periods of my life, after riding on Stealth which is supposed to be scary and fast, this one tops it all.
I personally have not seen the Saw films as of yet, but know the general theme of gore and blood and a weird creepy fellow called Jigsaw.
This year was my first experience of Saw, I had only just eaten at KFC with my friends (BIG MISTAKE!) and while being tentative about going on the ride, we thought it would be popular enough that we would have to queue for a long time to give us enough time to digest.
The Queue line is made creatively, the fences have iron railings and barbed wire along the top, the inside of the housing of the ride looked desolate and creepy with broken and bloodied mannequins strewn about the place.
Getting to the front of the ride, my friend felt a bit sick, but I told him to stick it through as we were already sitting in our seats. I felt a little nautious myself seeing that the ride has a totally vertical climb and a very thrillingly scary drop past some chainsaws. The ride starts off indoors and you get thrown about above a bloody pool of dead matter and Jigsaws face appearing on television screens creepily and saying weird things. I had to close my eyes on the vertical incline, it felt like impending doom. I closed them on the way down to hold my food in and then I opened them and went white.
I have never screamed so loud, I have never heard guys scream like girls before.
After getting off most rides, the normal feeling is to want to go through the rush of it all again, but as it is a traumatic experience on the senses despite the pure thrill, we all decided otherwise as we all had exceedingly wobbly legs after getting off the ride.
Summary: The best ride at Thorpe Park if you want your kicks.
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- hard to find but worth a visit
- Fun for all ages
- Nickelodeon Land - More Of A Village!
- Newquay Zoo
- The park may have improved but the food is diabolical!
- The wonderful world of Thomas the Tank Engine
- Better than local equivalents
- A good zoo but looking a bit tired.
- Ee-e-e-um-um-a-weh... Ee-e-e-um-um-a-weh!!!
- Interact with penguins
- Amazonia World Of Reptiles (England)
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- The Ark Open Farm (County Down)
- Blackbrook Zoo (Staffordshire)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Loch Lomond Sea Life Aquarium (Loch Lomond, Scotland)
- Oakwood Park (Narbeth, Pembrokeshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)