Newest Review: ... finally get inside a warehouse like area, with TV screens playing Jigsaw's message to the riders and creepy music which adds to the at... more
Saw: The Terrifying Ride
Saw The Ride (Thorpe Park)
Member Name: katieking
Saw The Ride (Thorpe Park)
Advantages: Very thrilling ride, great theme/design, looks scarier from the queue than it does when you're on it
Disadvantages: Ridiculous queues which are predominantly outside, so you're often freezing as you wait
This ride is fantastic. Based on the Saw film series, you queue (for hours and hours and hours) in a Saw themed queue, with barbed wire and blades etc. Seriously, the queues can be quite ridiculous, and there is little to look at in terms of entertainment and such. We queued for two and a half hours about 6 weeks after the ride opened, and as we left the ride, the queue time had shot up to four hours.
You finally get inside a warehouse like area, with TV screens playing Jigsaw's message to the riders and creepy music which adds to the atmosphere. There are moments that you think "what am I doing here...?", and that's before you even get on the ride! You have to climb up stairs totally in the dark to get to the area where you can enter the ride, and the whole thing is extremely daunting.
The ride probably is the scariest at Thorpe Park. It starts off indoors, pitch black, and you zoom past dead bodies and creepy displays. The whole thing is very eery. There is a shock drop on the ride which gives you a taster of how scary the massive drop later on in the ride is going to be. When you leave the warehouse, you are presented with a great view of the park. The pinnacle point of the ride is the huge drop, which is vertical... and terrifying. Going down the drop is less terrifying than being chain lifted up of it; being pulled vertically so slowly made my heart sink a bit. You look to the side and you see the whole horizon but it's completely the wrong way round. There are moments when the chain lift purposefully stops and drops you just a few inches, just to make you feel just that little bit more unsafe/uneasy. You really just have to scream that one out... or sing it out as me and my friends often do. The ride is one that you can very much enjoy if you just scream your way through it :) You are able to purchase photos and videos of your ride experience afterwards if you wish too.
Summary: A thrill seekers dream, just try to get there on an empty day!
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- must be mad as a hatter
- Merlin Annual Pass - Great Family Buy
- Edinburgh Zoo - Quite possibly the best day of my life
- Pleasurewood Hills a Family Theme Park
- Thorpe Park Fright Nights are Truly Frightening!
- Thorpe Park- something for everyone
- My Pleasure!
- disgusted with the service and the state of the place
- Parrots anyone?!
- worst theme park. waiste of money.
- The Ark Open Farm (County Down)
- Blackbrook Zoo (Staffordshire)
- North East Falconry Centre (Cairnie)
- Loch Lomond Sea Life Aquarium (Loch Lomond, Scotland)
- Baytree Owl Centre
- Oakwood Park (Narbeth, Pembrokeshire)
- Pili Palas Butterfly Palace (Menai Bridge)
- Seven Sisters Sheep Centre (East Dean)
- Marsh Farm Country Park (Essex)
- Abbotsbury Swannery, Subtropical Gardens and Children's Farm (Dorset)