Newest Review: ... park is open until 10pm) and Bonfire Night events, this is one of my favourite places to go when seeking enjoyment. It is the best feelin... more
Fantastic day out for all
Thorpe Park (Surrey)
Member Name: kellyward
Thorpe Park (Surrey)
Advantages: Plenty of white-knuckle rides, eating places
Disadvantages: Prices a bit steep but worth paying for a good day out
In June my friend and I went to Thorpe Park for the day. We travelled to London the day before, stayed with family, and then set off to Thorpe Park early the next day. When we got there, we were clearly directed to a parking space near the entrance, and they had opened multiple kiosks to purchase tickets into the park to minimise queues. It was my first time visiting, but my friend had been many times before. We entered the park at 10am, and the staff practically had to kick us out at 6pm. 8 hours of pure thrills! There is something for everyone here, and being adrenaline junkies, my friend and I hit the white knuckle rides! Stealth was fantastic, so high and so fast, although the music whilst queuing (which, by the way, was only 20 mins) was a bit strange, but the ride was well worth it! We tackled their newest ride, SAW, which we went on twice, and watching the on-ride dvd of our faces was absolutely hilarious! We got soaked on the water rides, but purchased a poncho, a bit pricey at £5, but definitely needed on Tidal Wave. We had a two-for-one ticket, so only paid £17.50 each, but I would 110% pay full price for the rides! Plenty of choice for food and drink, and a little beach for the sunnier of days! Definitely one for those who like thrill-seeking!
Summary: Will definitely be visiting again
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Go Under The Sea at Sea-life Centre in Blackpool
- Best ride at Thorpe Park by far
- You won't get bored here
- Saw - Are you ready?
- Monk Park ... not for us.
- Gulliver's World, Warrington
- I went to the animal fair...
- An enjoyable visit and good value.
- Stuff for the kids, adults are out of luck.
- One Big Adventure
- Bucklebury Farm Park (Bucklebury)
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Trotters World of Animals (Keswick)
- Foel Farm Park (Brynsiencyn)
- Sea Life Centre (Blackpool)
- Middle Farm (Lewes)