Newest Review: ... park is open until 10pm) and Bonfire Night events, this is one of my favourite places to go when seeking enjoyment. It is the best feelin... more
Great fun at Thorpe Park
Thorpe Park (Surrey)
Member Name: johnherbert
Thorpe Park (Surrey)
Advantages: New rides are fantastic
Disadvantages: It can take a while to actually get on the rides
Thorpe Park and Chessington have always competed, I am a 23 year old man and on growing up Chessington was always the one to go to. Chessington had the Rammasis Revenge, Vampire and Samurai and really did leave Thorpe Park trailing.
Thorpe Park was known for a long time in my childhood as more of a childrens theme park, but it has really stepped up now. Thorpe Park now has some amazing rides such as Saw, Stealth and Colossus. These rides are all very fast paced and great for a thrillseeker. There are also still good rides for the children but when looking at the park I would say it's mainly for adults looking for an exciting day out.
Parking at the theme park is very good and the car park is very easy to negotiate, due to the size of it though you may get lost trying to find your car at the end!
The queing for rides can be very long, especially when you go in the school holidays, be aware! The queing for the really good rides will take on average around 1 hour, however the park do offer a 'fastrack' ticket, which is slightly unfair. Basically, if you pay more money you get an extra ticket which will entitle you to jump the queue for certain rides, however you can only use this once.
I really enjoyed my visit to the park and would recommend it to people of the same age. Overall 4/5
Summary: A great day out!
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Shark Tales meets Nemo
- Sea Life - A good family day out, but quite expensive
- Thrills , Chills or conferences? Alton Towers Resort
- Alton Towers
- Good place for a visit
- Never again.
- Fishy Fun
- Come and be a Pirate, Fairy or Cowboy for the day!
- The adventures in Robin Hill
- We're going to the zoo, how about you? We hope you come too.
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Battersea Park Children's Zoo (London)
- Dick Whittington Farm Park (Gloucestershire)
- Ashdown Forest Llama Park (East Sussex)
- Trilakes Little Angels Playworld (Sandhurst)
- Infusion at Pleasure Beach Theme Park (Blackpool)