Newest Review: ... excuse not to get there. Once arriving at Tropical world you walk through some formal gardens that are worth a look around. You also pass ... more
Indoor attraction of the highest quality
Tropical World (Leeds)
Member Name: JJJJ
Tropical World (Leeds)
Advantages: Good for rainy days, Great value for money
Disadvantages: None at the price
Tropical World at Roundhay Park in Leeds is an indoor hot-house featuring what is claimed to be the largest collection of tropical plants outside of Kew Gardens. As such, Tropical World offers great value for money, with adult admission costing £3, Children between 8 and 15 years of age - £2 and under 8's - free. The prices are excellent for an attraction of this sort, when you consider the high prices of similar venues.
Apart from the array of plants, Tropical World features fish, animals and insects located at various points around the journey. These are spread across eight main areas including: Step Ashore, the Butterfly House, Amazon Tank & Aquarium, the Australasia House, Desert House and Meerkat area, Butterfly House, South American House and Creature Corner.
As an indoor attraction, Tropical World can be enjoyed in any weather, and therefore provides a decent trip out during a rainy day.
The venue as a whole is very impressive, with plants and animals looking healthy and well kept. This puts Amazon World on the Isle of Wight to shame - with better facilities and quality of displays in all areas.
When you have finished exploring the hot-house, there is a cafe and gift shop to visit also.
For more details and directions, see www.roundhaypark.org.uk/tropical-world-leeds/index .html
Summary: Great animal attraction
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- A Lions Share of History
- A good day out for all the family.
- a fantastic day out. My daughter can't get enough of this place!
- A premier UK day out.
- Splash Zone Gulliver's Park Milton Keynes Birthday Party really rubbish
- I never realised things could get this wild in Doncaster
- Gulliver's World, Warrington
- I went to the animal fair...
- British seaside fun in the (sometimes) sun!!
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- The Devon Railway Centre (Tiverton)
- Monks Park Farm (Yorkshire)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Manor House Wildlife Park (Pembrokeshire)
- Cattle Country Adventure Park (Gloucestershire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Go Ape! Sherwood Pines (Nottinghamshire)
- St Augustine's Family Farm Park (Gloucestershire)