Newest Review: ... excuse not to get there. Once arriving at Tropical world you walk through some formal gardens that are worth a look around. You also pass ... more
Come and meet Elvis the king cobra!
Tropical World (Leeds)
Member Name: sazzy68
Tropical World (Leeds)
Advantages: Cheap, great indoor attraction,lots to see...
Disadvantages: When it is busy it can be hard to move around the pathways, pushchair access ltd.
Tropical world is a great place to take the family on a wet or dry day. It is situated in Canal Gardens in Roundhay park Leeds. Inside the large glass house is a world of excitement, explore the jungle-can you spot the iguana and parrots?, mini beasts, a nocturnal world with fruit bats, bush baby and the like and new additions the crocs.
There is a range of activities held in the park. On Wednesday mornings during the holidays children can 'meet the keeper' and touch snakes, lizard and hear about the animals. In the Summer months you can often stop and listen to a brass band on a Sunday afternoon whilst you enjoy refreshments from the Explorer's cafe next to Tropical World. On the run up to Christmas you can attend a 'Totally Tropical Christmas' in the evening when the area is lit up with coloured lights and a steel pan band is playing. It is relatively inexpensive and if you have a Leeds card or a Breeze card entry is free. There is a small shop at the end where you can purchase gifts, from inexpensive toy's and stationary to more expensive soft toys.
Summary: Tropical world, a totally tropical experience!
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Paultons Park Near Romsey Hampshire
- Come & Play
- Dublin: not just a place for nightlife but also wildlife!!!
- Walking In A Winter Wonderland
- Legoland-the adventure's just beginning!
- Could Have Been Better..
- Feeding time at the park
- Very Fishy
- Not a Sea-Life Centre I recommend.
- Expensive, Dirty & Dangerous
- Bucklebury Farm Park (Bucklebury)
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Trotters World of Animals (Keswick)
- Foel Farm Park (Brynsiencyn)
- Sea Life Centre (Blackpool)
- Middle Farm (Lewes)