Newest Review: ... we told some of the history. It was interesting. There was a circus show which I really enjoyed even though my kids wernt sat with me... more
What a Hole!
Wookey Hole (Somerset)
Member Name: mejulie999
Wookey Hole (Somerset)
Advantages: Very few
Disadvantages: Steep, over priced and little to do
What can i say about Wookey Hole? We queued for about half an hour to get our tickets and then took the well worn, picturesque bath to the entrance, where we were escorted down some very steep and even slippier steps and told a story about the resident Witch which ended with a couple of children clinging for dear life on to their parents legs, and others who just didn't give a fig. The caves were ok as far as caves go i guess but i found it a little too fast. In and out like a rat up a drainpipe.
It was not the most fascinating of days out but we had good money off coupons that saved us over £15 for the two of us so i can't complain. A word of advice, please don't go in heels ladies because you will break both your legs and have to be carted off by some random fireman. Actually, that sounds like such good fun, think i will run for the shoes and cry out for the fireman. After leaving the dank, dark dreary caves, we came upon some penny arcades and mirrors that were not too flattering. On one occassion i looked like that little woman out of the Crankees, not flattering at all.
A nice garden area was about the best part of the day. I cannot say i would go back or recommend it to anybody i know either. Still, the sun was shining, but not in the caves!
Summary: Not really value for money.
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Go Under The Sea at Sea-life Centre in Blackpool
- Monk Park ... not for us.
- Hardys animal farm, and once a year the Barrows farm!
- Purrr-fect if you like big cats...
- Fantastic day out for all
- Never again.
- Fishy Fun
- Come and be a Pirate, Fairy or Cowboy for the day!
- The adventures in Robin Hill
- We're going to the zoo, how about you? We hope you come too.
- White Post Farm Centre (Farnsfield)
- North East Falconry Centre (Cairnie)
- Wetlands Animal Park (Nottinghamshire)
- Tayto Park (Kilbrew)
- Marine Aquarium (Lyme Regis)
- Go Ape! Wyre Forest (Worcestershire)
- Crocodiles of the World (Oxfordshire)
- Marsh Farm Country Park (Essex)
- Abbotsbury Swannery, Subtropical Gardens and Children's Farm (Dorset)
- Gulliver's Theme Park (Milton Keynes)