Newest Review: ... loved the tour it gave a history of the caves and also the tale of the wookey witch! Also if you are a Dr who fan then you can see where ... more
What a Hole!
Wookey Hole (Somerset)
Member Name: mejulie999
Wookey Hole (Somerset)
Advantages: Very few
Disadvantages: Steep, over priced and little to do
What can i say about Wookey Hole? We queued for about half an hour to get our tickets and then took the well worn, picturesque bath to the entrance, where we were escorted down some very steep and even slippier steps and told a story about the resident Witch which ended with a couple of children clinging for dear life on to their parents legs, and others who just didn't give a fig. The caves were ok as far as caves go i guess but i found it a little too fast. In and out like a rat up a drainpipe.
It was not the most fascinating of days out but we had good money off coupons that saved us over £15 for the two of us so i can't complain. A word of advice, please don't go in heels ladies because you will break both your legs and have to be carted off by some random fireman. Actually, that sounds like such good fun, think i will run for the shoes and cry out for the fireman. After leaving the dank, dark dreary caves, we came upon some penny arcades and mirrors that were not too flattering. On one occassion i looked like that little woman out of the Crankees, not flattering at all.
A nice garden area was about the best part of the day. I cannot say i would go back or recommend it to anybody i know either. Still, the sun was shining, but not in the caves!
Summary: Not really value for money.
More reviews in the field of Theme Park / Zoo National
- Go Under The Sea at Sea-life Centre in Blackpool
- Monk Park ... not for us.
- Hardys animal farm, and once a year the Barrows farm!
- Purrr-fect if you like big cats...
- Fantastic day out for all
- Bringing Safari to the Midlands
- Theme Park Magic
- Great fun for all the family
- We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo....
- Great Day Out
- The Parrot Zoo (Friskney)
- Blackbrook Zoo (Staffordshire)
- Loch Lomond Sea Life Aquarium (Loch Lomond, Scotland)
- Baytree Owl Centre
- Oakwood Park (Narbeth, Pembrokeshire)
- Alton Towers (Staffordshire)
- The Wildlife Park (Cricket St. Thomas, Somerset)
- Jimmy's Farm (Wherestead)
- Tropical Wings World of Wildlife (Essex)
- Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park (Combe Martin)