Product Type: Tesco toasters
Newest Review: ... It makes my toasts smell and taste fresh. ~ CONCLUSION ~ This is a great Tesco branded toaster that is well priced and has a great d... more
Tesco 4 Slice Stainless Steel Toaster
Member Name: paiget123
Tesco 4 Slice Stainless Steel Toaster
Advantages: Variable dials, two sets of toasters in one, price.
Disadvantages: Short cable, silent finisher, funny smells.
WHY I CHOSE THIS PRODUCT
As you'll see from all my previous reviews. I LOVE THE STAINLESS STEEL LOOK! My whole kitchen is filled with it because firstly its stylish and secondly and most importantly it is easy to maintain, a quick wipe down and it looks brand new and sparkling clean again. Plus the black handles mean that kids sticky fingers don't leave marks every time they touch it.
Secondly it is the very reasonable price, at £18 for a 4 slice toaster you can't really go wrong!
Now I bought this product because I was getting fed up of cooking me and my partner breakfast and either sitting down at separate times or one of us having cold toast.
Rubber feet, as a rule I do love these as it promotes safety in the kitchen providing a non-slip surface.
This product has gizmos galore.
- Separate 'cooking dials', each set of two can be set to different temperatures so you can have your toast floppy and soft or crunchy crisp all depending on your own personal taste.
- 'High lift feature', this is VERY important to me as the kiddies use this and I want to do as much as possible to stop them shoving metal knives into it to get the toast out and electrocuting themselves. So if you push the lever up it pushes the toast about an inch out of the toaster which gives easy access for retrieval.
- Crumb trays, rather than having to tip your whole toaster into the bin every couple of months you can simply slip the trays out and wash them. Hygienic and easy.
- Also the ever useful 'cancel button' for when you overestimated your toastedness.
-First few times I used it there as a synthetic burning smell that wafted through the house and it was a little off putting, however this does go away in time so don't be alarmed!
-Although I do love stainless steel there is always the negative that it heats up as the product does which means it can be a bit dangerous, so keep to the back of the worktop with the lead in a safe position.
-Sometimes the settings are not reliable, one morning you can put the bread in on 4 and it will be perfect and the next day on the same setting and it will be burnt, but the moral of the story there is to keep an eye on it whilst toasting. You should always supervise electricals anyway whilst in use so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
Along with this those who don't supervise their toaster whilst on may be put off by the fact it doesn't make a loud 'ping' when the toast is finished cooking so may not realise it is done.
-A short cable, again it is not that much of a problem for me though I can see how it would be to others as it restricts where in the kitchen it can go. Though as with the comment above, it increases the safety as there is less wire to hang loose.
ALL IN ALL
It's an average toaster, it cooks a nice piece of toast which is the reason I have it and like it though others may not be as fond.
Summary: An average toaster but I have learnt to love it.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Toaster
- Morphy Richards Accents Toaster
- slice o' toast?
- The Kenwood TTM406 - a pretty mediocre toaster
- Toasts 3/4 of your slice very well
- Does everything a toaster should!
- Cheap and toasty
- Just a very slight bit browned off this Cookworks 4 slice toaster
- An inexpensive toaster that does the job and has a year guarantee.
- Not the greatest unfortunately