Product Type: Tesco toasters
Newest Review: ... It is what you would expect from a value appliance in terms of appearance, simple no thrill design. The side of the toaster has a grey... more
Does What It's Meant To Do!
Tesco Value 2T07
Member Name: jacb1983
Tesco Value 2T07
Advantages: It's cheap. It toasts bread. That's all a toaster needs to do for me :)
Disadvantages: Longer time settings can be a bit fickle, can burn bread quickly.
I am quite a fan of Tesco value products and their electrical kitchen items are no exception. I bought a Tesco value toaster from the supermarket well over a year ago, and haven't had a single problem with it!
This two slice toaster cost me just £3.50 at the time of purchase, which was so cheap that it was well worth the risk of buying one and having it not work. As I understand it, they are now selling for around £5, but even that is a great price.
This product is very simple in it's design - it's a very basic white colour with a plastic exterior and is not going to win any design awards, though it is very straight forward in its design, and after all, a toaster just has to make toast in my opinion. It doesn't need flashing lights and to send a text to your phone when you're toast's ready.
For it's price, it's not surprising that this is not the best toaster in the world. I have had better. There is a dial which can be adjusted to determine how long you want your toast in the machine (I normally have it quite low as I can't stand very toasted toast!). Although the toaster works well for the lower levels of toasting, my husband, who likes his toast more well done, finds that with this toaster there is a very fine line between it's 'decent browning' and it's 'burnt to a crisp' timings. He has to keep an on his and regularly pop it up to check whether the toaster has gone overboard.
For the price though, and the fact that this has lasted us for over a year with no problems or breaks, I don't think I can complain about that! Yes, there are better and more expensive toasters out there, but I don't see the point in paying more unless you need a swish toaster to keep your kitchen looking suarve!
Summary: A super cheap and reasonably effective toaster.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Toaster
- seven years on and still going strong
- Morphy Richards Toaster - Sleek and fashionable
- A good toaster if you like thinly sliced bread!
- A great little toaster
- Cheap and cheerful, but look out for varied toasting!
- It roasts toast the most!
- A good toaster when it is working
- For Your Every Toasting Need!
- Tesco Value Toaster
- Pops like every other toaster!
- Breville VTT235 2 Slice Toaster
- Kenwood TTM124 Metallics
- Kenwood TTM127 Metallics
- Morphy Richards 44340 Meno
- Morphy Richards 44346 Meno
- Morphy Richards 44731 Accents
- Swan ST16010COPN 4-Slice 4-Slot Toaster Defrost Copper
- Panasonic NT-DP1WXC 2-Slice Toaster 850Watts 7-Settings eel & White
- Panasonic NTDP1BXC 2-Slice Toaster 850Watts 7-Settings eel & Black
- Kitchenaid 5KMT4205BER Artisan