Product Type: Tesco toasters
Newest Review: ... not to immerse it in water when it's switched on, and there are also basic instructions on how to use the toaster and how to clean it. Th... more
Cheap as toast
Tesco Value 2T07
Member Name: kayleighmcharris
Tesco Value 2T07
Disadvantages: Not very reliable
To go with the basic kettle for our luxury camping holidays I thought that I may as well buy the Tesco value toaster to match, at just £5 there isn't really much to lose. Like the Tesco value kettle the toaster can usually be found stocked in the larger superstores so if you live in a small village it may be difficult to get your hands on one of these.
Tesco value range are known for being as basic as basic can be and this toaster just reinforces this idea. The design is plain white with only three buttons/knobs to perform the basic functions. there is a slider to help insert and take out the toasted bread, a tuner/ knob which allows you to select how brown you want your toast and a cancel button. The buttons feel surprisingly sturdy and safe, I was half expecting them to feel like a plastic toy however I have been proved wrong as to this day everything is still in tact and as sturdy as it was when I first bought the product.
The toaster does in fact produce what I personally call perfect toast, just a little bit brown so its crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, however it only produces it on a hit and miss basis, the knob that should indicate how brown your toast will be seems to differ from day to day so it turns into a bit of a guessing game!
- Cheap as chips.
- Has all the basic functions that are needed.
- The colour wont clash terribly in any room if you wanted it for uni or any other living environment.
- The browning tuner as I call it, isn't very accurate so it's hit and miss if you get burnt toast!
- The toaster can only toast two slices at a time, not very convenient for families.
My overall experience has been mediocre with this product, its more than what you would expect for just £5 however compared to other products in the same range this one lacks the qualities others have. I would recommend this product to those who need a temporary toaster rather than permanent as although it functions okay and is affordable to most, it isn't practical for families and I'm not convinced it would do the job on a day to day basis long term as I only use mine when we camp or go on holiday.
Summary: You see what you get!
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Toaster
- Tesco black toaster
- Should I be wary?
- This Value Toaster won't burn your wallet or your fingers!
- A Stylish Addition
- Does the job!!
- A toast to this one as it lasted longer than some i've used
- Turns stale bread into delicious toast!
- Russell toasts his hobbs for breakfast and more
- One of the best fivers you can spend!!
- Purple Toaster