Product Type: ELC Toy Car
Newest Review: ... for either the best quality and the best price. However I really can't fault this Early Learning Centre one on either the price or indeed ... more
ELC Carpet Road Playmat
Member Name: oioiyou
ELC Carpet Road Playmat
Advantages: Perfect size, good fun for all ages, including the girl cousins who love it too :)
Disadvantages: Drying it after washing
I think over the years I've gone a bit overboard in giving my children the masses of toys I feel I didn't have growing up. I'm starting to understand why my mother kept saying "No, you have toys at home!" Oh well, live and learn. As you can imagine we have enough toys and stuff to run a day-care from our house.
My boys share a room and thus they have the larger of the rooms in our house. The bunk bed is against one wall and the toy boxes are along the other side of the room. This leaves a bit of a dull gap in the middle as we have wood flooring. On a trip to the local shopping centre I was browsing the Early Learning Centre and crossed paths with the carpet road play mat. Both the boys love cars and this carpet looked just the right size to fill that gap.
I paid £10 but seem to remember that full price was £15 (I had a coupon and it was in the sale).
The boys loved their play mat and played with it for a long time. This was part of their room for a good two years and held up to a lot of abuse. It was regularly coated in cat hair, fruit juice and on one occasion nail polish (oops!). The washing process was easy. Only thing that took a while was letting it dry as that took a good day hanging on the line outside so you can imagine how much fun it is during the winter having it hanging about inside. One thing to remember when drying it is to not let it roll up and keep rolling it both ways to ensure it dries flat.
A friend had this play mat set up in the corner of her wedding reception room with a handful of cars and it was good fun and kept the kids occupied during the speeches and later into the evening.
There is a few of years between my children and they still played together nicely which was nice for me. The play mat moved to my cousins' house this year and is being happily played with there now as for Christmas we bought the boys the new version out by ELC.
Another thing from ELC that falls into the same category is the fold-up farm. They sometimes unfold this and make it an attachment to the play mat and then pack up the animals and cars into it at the end. The farm is getting rather heavy these days but it is funny watching the younger boy try to carry it around the room.
Worth every penny!
© oioiyou 2011
Summary: Like I said, "worth every penny!"
More reviews in the field of Toy Car
- Nothing rubbish about this toy?
- Postie great
- SORT THOSE SHAPES, SIDNEY!
- Fireman fighting
- My daughter gets bored
- Design your very own lightning McQueen
- smart but overpriced. Too small.
- Disney Cars Mack & Friends Playmat Playset......Wow factor but does have quite a ...
- A bit smaller than expected, but a really nice toy for fans
- A great garage for the recommended age range
- Scalextric C3176 Porsche 997
- Scalextric C3177 Audi R8 LMS Race Experience
- Scalextric C3179 Audi R8 LMS Endurance
- Scalextric C3187 Disney/Pixar Cars 2 Francesco Bernoulli
- Scalextric C3175 BMW Mini Cooper
- Disney Pixar Cars Mack Transporter with Doc Hudson and Sally
- Corgi Moshi Monsters Die Cast Bus
- ELC Big CIty Mini Helicopter
- Famosa Ferrari F430 Foot Floor
- Sylvanian Families Saloon Car