Newest Review: ... is showing no signs of interest in this waning so I would guess the upper limit is at least 8. There are two main areas of interest for a... more
A quiet toy kids want to play with.
Member Name: broomstick27
Advantages: Durable, good for sharing and excellent age range
Disadvantages: Expensive initially but can be built up slowly
Potentially huge wooden railway system with endless trains and accessories you could buy, it is a toy that can grow with your family and over time until you run out of space, or money!
From 3 years although it is suitable for younger children (from about 18 months) if you are prepared to spend a lot of time putting the track back together. I have a 6 year old who is showing no signs of interest in this waning so I would guess the upper limit is at least 8.
There are two main areas of interest for a child playing with this toy firstly pushing the trains around the track and later designing and building more and more complex tracks. My 6 year old has not really got past the first stage yet so I am hoping for many more years of play building tracks for his brother.
The beauty of brio is in it's simplicity. Very little of it has moving parts or small pieces to be broken. Part of our brio collection is 25 years old and has been through 6 children.
There is a huge amount of this stuff available, many different shaped track pieces, bridges, tunnels, stations, trains etc etc. If you had the space to put it in you could amass a ridiculous amount. However you can start with just a very small track and build it up over time, perfect when you are struggling to think of birthday or christas presents!
Brio is expensive especially if you buy the Thomas the Tank pieces (incidently these are the ones most likely to break!) but if your child likes trains I guarantee it will be your best value for money toy. I am not lying when I say my son has played with his every single day for the last 3 years, I can't think of any other toy I can say that about and that is why I love Brio!
Summary: For any child that loves trains this will keep them quietly occupied for hours - priceless.
More reviews in the field of Toy Train
- Bargain Stocking Filler for Little Train Fans
- Grandpa pig's train - hop aboard!
- Thomas becomes transportable....
- A Fantastic wooden train set
- Choo Choo goes this engine
- My favourite Chuggington train -
- A little red caboose
- What a Hodge Podge.
- Chuggington Dunbar Interactive Engine
- A wooden train set - or an electric one?
- Thomas the Tank Engine Track master Dart
- Thomas the Tank Engine Toby take n play
- Thomas the Tank Engine Toby & flora
- Thomas the Tank Engine tidmouth shed
- Thomas the Tank Engine Henry big friend
- Hornby Skaledale - Iron Ore Loads
- Hornby Skaledale - Viaduct Extension Pillars
- Hornby Skaledale - Cement Hopper
- Hornby Skaledale - Coal Stage
- Hornby Skaledale - Generator