Product Type: Brio Toy Train
Newest Review: ... fit any where. The turn table is fun as you can attach three four or even five different tracks from it. The train set come with sever... more
Choo choo all aboard
Brio Wooden Train Sets
Member Name: hopey123
Brio Wooden Train Sets
Advantages: hours of entertainment
I purchased a brio wooden train set for my son when he was 2 years old and it is still played with a couple times a week.
It cost me about £7.00 with P&P from ebay which was a bargain.
Being made from wood it is very durable and has been through lots but not really any sign of wear and tear. I will say a couple of the end joins have been broken off but they super glue back together.
A child can very easily put the pieces together. One end has a round part and the other end has the hole where it can fit into. Each piece has a different end and all parts like turn table, bridge etc has the same so any piece can fit any where.
The turn table is fun as you can attach three four or even five different tracks from it.
The train set come with several wooden trains but also my son's Thomas trains all fit onto the tracks. You can buy wooden trains sets from alternative shops that aren't brio but I find they still join together fine.
The set isn't just straight track pieces, It has curved parts, crooked parts for raising track, bridges, junctions and turn table. There is no set track that can be made so it's completely up to the child to design and make his track how it wants it. My son has good imagination and makes big bridges and has learnt to place wooden blocks under the track to make flyovers.
There are wooden signposts and wooden trees that can be placed around the track too.
As well as the bridges there is also a tunnel where the trains sometimes like to rest in the dark, Well that's according to my son.
Each time this is played with a different track is made and different scenes take place. It is lucky we have the space as often the train track will be running around the sofa or his entire bedroom.
If you don't need to buy a whole set then different track parts can be purchased on their own, Like just a bridge or a junction. It is a good way to build up a small set. All toy shops will stock some sort of wooden train sets or parts but you can even get some better bargains from Ebay or at car boot sales.
The Cranky crane my son has can be played with next to the track and there are so many different things that can be purchased to make the set bigger that you would need Heathrow runway to build it on if you had everything from the set.
My son's set is kept in a plastic storage box to keep it all together. Laughing to myself now as I've just heard that very box being emptied out in his bedroom lol. Like I said previously it is still regularly played with.
I think it really does help with their imagination and helps co ordination too.
I personally didn't buy this brand new as knew I'd always be adding bits to it and would become expensive.
Summary: So glad I got this for my son as is very popular.
More reviews in the field of Toy Train
- Must have for wooden train sets.
- Tunnel vision.
- Train approaching cars and dinosaurs please wait to cross
- Perfect addition to almost any wooden train set.
- Take and Play Tidmouth Sheds a Great Train Set Starting Point!
- Nice addition to a wooden railway.
- Percy Delivers The Mail On Sodor Island..
- When they outgrow Thomas and Chuggington -
- Choo Choo!
- Steaming Thomas!
- Thomas the Tank Engine Thomas busy day playset
- Thomas the Tank Engine Thomas busy conductor
- Thomas the Tank Engine Thomas Blue mountain quarry playset
- Thomas the Tank Engine Thomas big friend
- Thomas the Tank Engine Thomas at the sodor lumber mill starter set
- Plan Toys 6207 Road & Rail Deluxe by Plan Toys
- Plan Toys 51190 Sorting Train
- Chuggington Brewster and Vee's Roundhouse Playset
- Chuggington Bridge and Tunnel Starter Set
- Chuggington Diecast Old Puffer Pete Engine