Product Type: Learning Curve Toy Train
Newest Review: ... Chuggington characters on the box, cue excited little boy. So we open it up, get everything out and then start tackling the constructio... more
Member Name: xmum2threex
Chuggington Interactive All Around Chuggington Set
Disadvantages: Poorly made
My boy is train mad so when we saw the chuggington all round train track we decided to buy it for him as it was at an amazing £20 when it usually retails for around £50.
As it is a large set I did think it would take a long time to set up but once I opened the pack it was worse than I thought. There was instructions which were detailed with a letter and number of which part of the track goes where. On the track itself there are these corresponding numbers and letters to show how to make the set up.
Upon trying to piece the track together is where the problems started. Each piece slots together and needs to be clicked in to place and we found it so hard to get all the pieces together and in place . The track is made of plastic but for a toy that retails at £50 the plastic seems cheap quality which I was very surprised about.
Once completely built my son started to play with it and had a little while of good play but the track kept popping out of place with every crash the trains were having. Any knock or fast movement and we would have to spend time fixing it and there fore interrupting little mans stories he was making up.
You can but a whole range of accessories to go with this train set numerous different engines which all interact with each other.My son has 4 of these and although they are not motorised they do make sounds when you press a little button on them or when they pass each other they can recognise each train and have phrases from the show they say. Again we found these rather awkward and they have to pass each other at a certain angle for the sensor to make them work which can be frustrating for little one. At £10-£15 each these can be a costly addition.
Usually I only have a small section for my negatives but unfortunately this time this spot is reserved for the positives. The track contains many interactive points to keep little one happy and as there are over 300 phrases this means it keeps it fresh and new for children while playing.
Over all we were disappointed by this set it seems to be poorly made can not handle even 10 minutes play with a 4 year old and my son is that frustrated that it now sitting in its box in thee hall. I would not recommend this toy to anyone it was a waste of money for us even at the £20 sale price.
Summary: Not a very practical set
More reviews in the field of Toy Train
- Choo Choo!
- Woo-woo! All aboard for HappyLand!
- The Wheels on the Train go Round and Round
- Toot Toot!
- OK but not as nice as wooden
- Nee naw nee naw, Calley will absotootly come to the rescue
- My favourite Chuggington train -
- A little red caboose
- What a Hodge Podge.
- A wooden train set - or an electric one?
- Noch 36818 N Figures Children in the Snow
- Noch 26336 LEAF TREE-assortment, 55 pieces Height:65 150 mm
- Noch 15095 H0 Figures Police Officers
- Noch 15038 H0 Figures storage worker
- Melissa & Doug Zoo Animal Train
- Thomas the Tank Engine Thomas big friend
- Thomas the Tank Engine Thomas at the sodor lumber mill starter set
- Thomas the Tank Engine Thomas at the farm
- Thomas the Tank Engine Take-n-Play Tidmouth Sheds Playset
- Thomas the Tank Engine Take n Play Winston Vehicle