Product Type: Learning Curve Toy Train
Newest Review: ... become one of her most treasured toys. Comprising of six pieces of assorted track, one Die-cast metal Thomas and a working railway crossin... more
Member Name: dawnyb
Learning Curve Take Along Thomas the Tank Engine Work and Play Engine Shed Playset
Advantages: good price lots to collect
Disadvantages: paint chips
Calling all engines....... These are great and a must for any Thomas fan, my son has a fair few now, and these set are great as you can add them to other sets. There about £10 - £40 for the sets which may seam a lot but you do get your moneys worth, most sets come with a train or two. The trains prices vary from £4 - £10 where you get them and what sort. Most shops now sell these even supermarkets, but get ours from mother care or toys r us.
They have little magnets on the front and back of the train, carriage, tender, so once connected you can pull more than one. This is far the best and easiest for young kids. Only problem we have with them is if they get dropped or battered the paint chips off them but doesn't stop my boys from playing with them.
The engine shed is great because if you was visiting a friend or relative the word take along mean your little one can take it along, you can store you trains in the engine shed and the track goes in roof, it only stores the track that came with it but that should be enough to keep a child happy if not there's loads of other set they can take too!
If some of the sets or over priced there's always a bargain to be had on eBay?? I have known to get a few trains of there and my kids have always been happy. There is lots and lots to collect so make sure you have plenty of boxes to store them all in
Summary: great toy to take to grannies
More reviews in the field of Toy Train
- This Express Train will terminate sooner rather then later
- Hornby Does A Thomas!
- It's built to last and there's so much mileage in it
- thomas the tank engine giant motor road & rail set
- take along thomas
- A repair shed fit for most wooden train sets.
- Chuggington !
- Wheels to the rails....
- Left me a bit cold...
- The Princely Pendolino Periodically Prances Onto My Track
- Hornby GWR 2-6-2T Prairie 5154
- Hornby Grey Blended Fine
- Hornby Brighton Belle 1967
- Hornby BR Thompson L1 Locomotive
- Hornby BR Railfreight Locomotive
- Learning Curve Chuggington Frostini's Ice Cream Cars
- Learning Curve Diecast Chuggington Emery
- Learning Curve Diecast Chuggington Leaf Covered Brewster
- Learning Curve Diecast Chuggington Mtambo's Safari Cars
- Apples to Pears Train Set in a Tin