Product Type: Radica Games toys
Newest Review: ... of Neopia are never ending. I have been a member since 2000 ish and have accumulated many neocoins and named, reared and loved my Neopets. ... more
Member Name: purplekimmy
Neopets Voice Activated Kougra
Advantages: Cute for a while but not long
Disadvantages: Wear very thin, very quickly
Neopets is a virtual online site, really aimed at children, but enjoyed by adults and children alike. In Neopia you can adopt up to four different creatures, they can be wither red, green, blue or yellow, unless you purchase one of the many paintbrushes around then the choices are endless. You can make Neocoins (money) by purchasing or winning items and selling them in your Neoshop. You can play many games to make more Neocoins, you can make a house, the joys of Neopia are never ending. I have been a member since 2000 ish and have accumulated many neocoins and named, reared and loved my Neopets.
One of my said Neopets is a purple Kougra called Kat, I painted him with an acquired paintbrush and have bought him clothes and toys etc. When I saw this voice activated toy, I knew I had to get one. It wasn't the right colour but that was fine. A Kougra is basically a tiger and I also bought a Scorchio (again a red one, seemed to be the only colour available). A Scorchio is a cute looking dragon, my dragon on Neopets is blue, she is called Sparky.
After removing the tab from the battery compartment, the Kougra sprung to life, making all manner of cute noises, I said hello to him and he purred and moved about, wiggling his head and ears, after leaving him alone for a few minutes, which he didn't like, he hissed and wagged his ears again, not a happy bunny. I decided to give him Scorchio to talk to and after unwrapping and de-tagging him, they chirped along quite happily, making noises and moving in their own private conversation. The telephone rang and all hell broke loose, hissing, and wailing could be heard. Yes the novelty had worn off already. They are very cute and sit on a shelf in my daughter's bedroom, occasionally you will hear a few chirps coming from inside the room, where she has decided to turn them on but it soon wears thin and they are switched off again.
They are a cute gimmick toy but their ability to hold attention for longer than fifteen minutes is nonexistent. They are like furbies really but aimed at the die heard Neopet fan. I am one but they are still a bit of an expensive waste of money.
Summary: Not worth the bother or money
More reviews in the field of Electronic Toy
- Toffee the plush toy that looks better than it is
- Every Young Child Should Have One of These!
- Hot dog!
- A fun way of letting young children have their own puppy
- Get ready for school with this game and calculator.
- Fisher Price Pretty Learning Purse - Very "Cutesy"
- Cute way for the kids to cut the grass!
- Move over Simon Cowell, I have the X Factor!
- Blast Off!
- Chad Valley Light and Sound Aeroplane
- Hasbro Playskool Cool Crew Mike the Talking Mower Toy
- Learning Resources Maths Whiz
- Chad Valley Microphone
- Inspiration Works Bob The Builder Fun & Learn Tablet
- Chad Valley My First Sing Along CD Player
- Nikko Robodrive RTR
- Chad Valley Singalong Keyboard & Stool
- VTech Toy Story Buzz Lightyear Learn and Go Handheld Learning System