Newest Review: ... applying online then you can only make your initial payment by credit or debit card, if you apply by post you can pay by cheque or dire... more
Cheaper and much more convenient
Member Name: Malcz86
Disadvantages: You still have to pay!
The first tunnel of the Dartford Crossing was opened in 1963, followed by a second in 1980 and finally the Queen Elizabeth Bridge in 1991. Tolls were introduced from the outset with the justification of paying the construction costs. These have long been paid off yet the tolls remain. Charging £1.50 for a car. However a Dart-tag can be acquired then topped up with cash. When used it will only charge you £1 to cross the river.
The tag itself is a small grey device which can be attached to either your windscreen (mount supplied) or to a sun visor. The device uses RF technology to connect to a receiver on the booth which will deduct your charge, beep then open the barrier.
There is a special "Dart-Tag" lane marked on the far right of the booths but is just a normal auto-toll, taking cash so is not really any quicker. So I'm not sure if you save any real time using the tag but with a third off the standard price and no messing around trying to find change its a most for any regular users.
Summary: Cheaper then paying cash
More reviews in the field of Transport
- Incompetent? or just liars?
- Worst customer service from call centre staff and NO REFUNDS
- Wally was brilliant in LE3 whereas the new woman is useless
- Shower of sh.....charlatans
- Parceforce - Unhelpful and Incompetent
- BSM driving school is a COMPLETELY WORTHLESS
- Utterly incompetent, rude, unhelpful and scamsters.
- Pass It On
- will never use kwik fit again tried to rip me off
- Parcel "Farce"