Newest Review: ... brakes which could cause a catastrophic accident!! To add to this the front brake discs were also seriously warped and needed replacing.... more
MISMANAGEMENT OF MOT DIAGNOSTICS
Author Name: Mike Cairns
Advantages: INCREASED REVENUE
Disadvantages: CUSTOMER DISTRUST
Booked for Service and MOT at £112. Nationwide diagnosed "front brakes unbalanced" cost to pass MOT £209 +vat, arranged to have it done, before work commenced questioned meaning of diagnosis, and asked reasons for imbalance, could I also see pads and discs so I could understand what I was paying for. on return to collect car after work completed, I was charged only £30 !! - great - for what - "strip and clean caliper slides" that should have been diagnosed as part of service and not led to quote for £209 remedial work.
Lesson: Always, question, WHAT WHY WHEN HOW WHO - it pays. This is a typical example of the motorist being talked into paying for a service that is/was quite unnecessary. IT was only upon the questions being asked that a review was undertaken by the company. The question is how much revenue does it generate from customers who do not question a diagnosis and is it deliberate or lazyness on the part of staff. Trading standards should operate a check sheme, "mystery shoppers".
Summary: Always ask what why when how and who when accepting a quote for work
More reviews in the field of Transport
- National Tyres - Daylight Robbers
- Kwik Fit money making scam
- Importing from the USA to the UK: my experience of the USPS, UK Customs, Parcelf ...
- Reach any address (in any condition)
- Silly Link!!
- Verbally assaulted, treatened by & trasspassed in our home
- Royal Mail is the worst postal service I have ever experienced
- lost funds
- 'Kwik'....that means 'quick'.....right?
- Avoid at all costs, no seriously, avoid like the plague.