Newest Review: ... brakes which could cause a catastrophic accident!! To add to this the front brake discs were also seriously warped and needed replacing.... more
Putting on the brakes.
Author Name: R Beasley
Advantages: They put it back together..eventually...fo r free
Disadvantages: They tried to rip my Dad off in the first place.
I am seething as I read some of these reviews on this forum and wanted to share an experience I had yesterday. My father, a pensioner took his car to Halfords for a £115 oil change but was called by the service manager to report that a serious problem had been found with the brakes. A rear wheel cylinder was leaking, contaminating the brakes which could cause a catastrophic accident!! To add to this the front brake discs were also seriously warped and needed replacing. (They were replaced 25,000 ago)
After putting the fear of god into the old man, and telling him that he would have to sign forms indicating that he had been informed of this, and that any subsequent accident would be solely his responsibility, my Dad gave them the go ahead to complete the work. He was then told the cost..... £650 on top of the service cost. Feeling a bit of a mug he didnt have the gall to then refuse. He called me for a second opinion. On hearing this, I went straight to the garage and stopped the work half way through. The car was put back together and the repairs have been booked in at another garage for ... wait for it.... £117. This price includes all the work that Halfords were to undertake including the front brakes (which were hammered off) and I suspect did not need replacing in the first place!
Avoid this chain at all costs, I have found that the smaller independants are more honest, reliable and reasonable than chains like this that have only one aim, which is to make their daily branch targets. My Dad was lucky, and I'm glad that he rang me for a second opinion. He is glad as well, as he is over £500 better off!!
Summary: NEVER USE AGAIN
More reviews in the field of Transport
- The Only London Underground Station For Shopaholics: Oxford Circus Underground S ...
- Parcel Force are the worst delievering company in the world!
- Reliable Minicab co with polite and friendly drivers
- Delivery drivers are useless
- Car failed MOT at Guildford branch, but passed at garage
- Ripped off by Kwik Fit Glasgow branch
- Drive Dynamics - Poor Customer Service and Misleading Intentions to Help
- Buy Breakdown Cover Elsewhere - This is a MUST READ Review
- Really bad company
- Tracking your parcel online has become more easier.