Newest Review: ... in a dark remote part of Scotland!) I phoned the AA, after some annoying automated menu's the phone rang, and rang, and rang - I waited 3... more
Great service. But a rip off.
The AA Breakdown Cover
Member Name: azumore
The AA Breakdown Cover
Advantages: Great service.
Disadvantages: Rip off
Basically I went to college in the morning, parked my car in the local car park and when I got back in the afternoon the car did not start. So I phoned up AA, I didn't have breakdown cover. The customer service was great, BUT I had to pay £80 for the call out charge because I wasn't a member and I had to get £50 breakdown cover.
Note- If I were to get that same cover over the internet then its only £28 which is 44% discount online. And this cover is only if you don't breakdown at home and they will only take your car to the nearest approved AA garage. So don't worry if you've been in the same situation as me because you can cancel the breakdown cover within 14 days.
I've done a bit of research on the internet and found that instead of paying £50 you can pay roughly £37 and get more for this price. This £37 cover includes
1. Nationwide recovery weather it be at home or anywhere in the U.K
2. If they cannot repair the car the same day then they will pay up to £100 maximum for your transport OR a standard return rail ticket to get home and to return to receive your vehicle, once its fixed.
3. If they decide to get you overnight accommodation then they will pay £60 to you if your are alone OR £40 for each person up to a maximum of 6 people.
Also a couple of other minimalistic extras.
But I haven't used this service so I don't know how its like however will do so though. The company is called START RESCUE
I must say that the AA service was exceptional. They gave me a time of one hour but the fella arrived in 20 minutes.
Summary: Great service. But a rip off.
More reviews in the field of Transport
- Parking at Gatwick
- Yorkshire Animal Ambulance - an amazing resource for pet owners who need to get ...
- No hassle, honest service.
- Once you own a BMW it's difficult to see yourself owning anything else.
- Love-Hate Relationship!
- Poor and unreliable delivery service.
- Rip Off Merchants Kwik Fit Redhill Surrey
- Horrible Hermes Courier Customer Service
- waste of time