Newest Review: ... found back in April when I first wrote this review but may vary in the summer months when demand is higher. My first two Thalys experience... more
Fast and convenient travel between city centres
Author Name: non_sense
Advantages: Fast, easy, straight into the city centre, can be cheaper than flying
Disadvantages: Can be expensive if not booked in advance
I travel in Europe a lot and whilst most times I fly, I do make use of the trains too. I have used the Thalys a few times between Den Haag and Paris and find it a simple and convenient way to go.
If you book far enough in advance you can pick up some good deals, I have traveled in the first class part of the train (Comfort 1) for only a small premium over the standard class seat prices.
For me the train has always run on time and if you're lucky enough to be in Comfort 1 you'll be fed at least once with some light snacks, pastries and plenty of tea, coffee, wine, beer and other drinks.
The rolling stock isn't the newest you'll see, but the seats are comfortable. As with most international trains be sure to arrange your seat reservations in advance, I have seen people refused entry to the train despite having a valid ticket, simply because they didn't have a seat reservation.
Summary: Buy in advance, reserve your seats and enjoy the ride!
More reviews in the field of Transport International
- An overrated service
- Wightlink to the Isle of Wight
- Pssst! Want a hire car ... cheap?
- Not like a 'city' station
- Crossing the Channel on the Cheap
- Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas!
- Irish ferries very unflexible! So called flexible fares! Compared to Stena lines ...
- Unfriendly, Unhelpful & Uninterested (hire in Gatwick)
- DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
- Drivers threatened with sack if they use discretion if it's safe to open doors.