Newest Review: ... carriages might add to the enjoyment. The "special deals" on wine and beer in the so-called buffet just about sums it up - drunks... more
Author Name: Lara
Advantages: Running more frequently than grand central trains
Disadvantages: Dirty, almost late every time, expensive
Unfortunately, you don't have much choice when travelling from London to York. I do this journey once a week. East Coast is a terrible company! The coaches are dirty, shaking all the way long, and they are usually either freezing cold or super hot. No one respects silent sign in the quiet coach, and the controller, when he shows up (I have done many journey without seeing one) doesn't say anything.
From my experience, their trains are at least 40% of the time late, from a couple of minutes to more than an hour. The "funniest" is that they display on the notice board "arrived" when the train is not there yet, certainly to improve their stats. Customers are always confused.
When their trains are very late, they are supposed to refund you. They send you a voucher (it takes them more than 6 weeks to do it!!!) that you CANNOT use on-line, so you have to go to the counter or call them. As the results you cannot benefit from the online discount. it is such a RIP-OFF!
They are soooo bad! I take Grand Central Train as often as I can!
Summary: East Coast service is what you would expect in a developing country!
More reviews in the field of Transport National
- Too pricey for the service - and don't bother taking train on weekend "trips to ...
- Gatwick Express Doubles Up As An Overcrowded Commuter Train
- Fantastic friendly service.
- A Tale of Two Classes
- The way to go if you prefer price to convenience....or reliability
- Megabus UK bad service and price increases
- Thought I'd share a positive experience!!
- To Fort William on the Caledonian Sleeper Train Service - anecdotes of a great r ...
- Travel while you're young!