Newest Review: ... to fix all the problems with the infrastructure from the early days are well documented. From the unreliable signalling, the lack of turni... more
Sardines in a tin
Member Name: vicky_wire
Advantages: Good if its not rush hour
Disadvantages: Too packed, not often enough, delays
I use the metrolink every day.... unfortunately!!
I use the eccles line, where trams are due every 12 minutes. They are quite regular and usually on time but can be subject to delays. If a tram breaks down on the line, there is no back up, there is a delay until it's moved.
The ticket machines are tempramental, they swallow your money or don't print tickets sometimes. I tend to go for a season ticket.
The trams are very packed at rush hour, like sardines in a tin. It's impossible to move on them and you really have to squeeze yourself on sometimes to able able to get to work on time.
They should really provide more or bigger trams to cover this, someone will get injured one day having people squash on like that.
There was recently a vote in manchester for a congestion charge to pay for extra trams, thankfully resulting in a resounding NO. Tram money should not need to be a form of extra tax.
Summary: spend some money on the trams please council!
More reviews in the field of Transport National
- Cash vs Oyster Card
- Travel around london quickly and easily.
- Fast, frequent and uglier than Barbie's wardrobe
- My Opinion On TFL
- For the business traveller
- Bad Policies
- Do not use if you can help it! Absolute rip off!
- Megabus UK bad service and price increases
- Thought I'd share a positive experience!!
- To Fort William on the Caledonian Sleeper Train Service - anecdotes of a great r ...