Newest Review: ... I'd share with you guys. Definitely worth looking into if you have never travelled by Megabus before. It's cheap and cheerful and as far... more
Megabus, travel on a budget
Member Name: onlyliana
Disadvantages: Severe delays should be expected
I have used the megatrain service before and when I needed to get to Bournemouth on the cheap for a weekend I decided to have a look again. Unfortunately there were no train services available so I plumped for a bus down to London Victoria from Sheffield Meadowhall interchange and had to connect to a train from there!
I'm a bit paranoid about being late/delayed so booked my megabus to arrive in London about 90 minutes before my connection was due to depart! Good idea in theory but when the bus didn't arrive in Sheffield until 45 minutes after it was supposed to depart I got a little jittery!
I was also no very happy that the driver then proceeded to have a fag which delayed us by another 5 minutes!
The coach itself was very pleasant, clean and comfortable. The driver was friendly enough but didn't help any of the passengers to load their luggage onto the coach. Incidentally we arrived in London 70 minutes later than schedueled so would always recommend booking so you have plenty of time to make any connections you might have!
The return journey was much better and departed London on time. Again the coach was clean and comfortable!
Summary: Not bad for £18 return to London really!!
More reviews in the field of Transport National
- At least satisfactory service
- Cheap coach travel spanning the UK
- Clean and modern Piccadilly
- Once you arrive, you'll never leave............
- London's Transport could be your Oyster
- Megabus UK bad service and price increases
- Avoid Transpennine but above all avoid their online tickets
- London Midland - worth trying
- Thought I'd share a positive experience!!
- To Fort William on the Caledonian Sleeper Train Service - anecdotes of a great r ...