Newest Review: ... it's not due to laziness Incompetence or a lack of trained staff It's not 'cos the company's useless Or even just having a laugh It isn't ... more
ANOTHER IGNORED COMPLAINT
Author Name: Angela
Advantages: Up untill the heating problems arose i was quite happy with the service
Disadvantages: No answers to complaints
This is a copy of my complaint sent to Megabus on 13th February 2012 and again on the 28th. As yet no acknowledgment. I have dealings with hundreds of foreign students, who regularly want the cheapest method of travel, guess which company will lose out on my recommendation!!!!
Since May 2011 I have used Megabus to travel between London Victoria and Edinburgh on 6 occasions. In general I would have said that this was a good service and have, on several occasions, recommended Megabus.
In September 2011 I travelled overnight with no heating. The bus driver did not advise passengers that there was a problem and was rather off-hand when asked, by a passenger, what the problem was.
I again travelled, overnight on Mega Bus, to Edinburgh on 2/2/12 with an 18inch crack in the windscreen and no heating. Yet again no mention was made that there was a problem with the heating. When a passenger asked the driver I overheard the driver stating the heating would be on when the next driver took over. I happened to overhear a conversation with the first and 2nd drivers who had stated that he did not want the heating on as he was afraid that the heating would crack the windscreen. The second driver took over the bus and again no heating and no explanation! The third driver must have been made aware of the heating problem and sub zero weather forecast as he appeared with a warm coat, gloves and a hat.
I am interested in your comments regarding;
1. Why were we not advised, at the start of the journey, that there was a heating problem therefore allowing us to take extra clothing from our hold luggage?
2. Was it legal/safe to drive with such a crack on the windscreen in such temperatures?
3. Why was there not a replacement bus organised?
4. If a replacement bus was unavailable from London why not have one organised to intercept on route?
5. Was it legal to drive the bus with on board temperatures below zero?
6. Why did the driver/drivers not advise passengers of the heating problem, (if the bus intercom was not working it would only have taken a couple of minutes to walk the bus aisle to advise passengers.)
I await your response.
Summary: A company as big as Megabus should have a standard timescale/method for answering complaints.
More reviews in the field of Transport National
- A highly positive experience
- Bad Policies
- Don't use Terravision!
- Squeezing My Way Around The Tube
- trains , busses and delays
- Save the drama and stress by traveling with someone else!
- Terrible customer service
- Birmingham New Street
- Avoid at All Costs!!! Cuidado!!
- To Fort William on the Caledonian Sleeper Train Service - anecdotes of a great r ...