Newest Review: ... Michael Finn who said he would investigate and to date have not heard nothing. The past two days one particular grumpy driver nearly To... more
A driver responds.
UNO Bus Company
Author Name: John
UNO Bus Company
Advantages: Is cheaper than taxis, cars, planes and trains.
Disadvantages: Is affected by circumstances beyond driver's control.
I make the following points:
- A day ticket is different from a return, therefore, they will be priced differently. A day ticket is unlimited travel within appropriate zones. A return ticket is a journey to and from a destination with no breaks on either leg of the journey. There is no such ticket as a "student return", only student singles and student day tickets.
- The company does not provide a float, therefore any change given to a passenger is either from previous ticket sales or comes out of the driver's own pocket. The onus is on the passenger to have the correct fare. It is possible to have 20 passengers on board, none of whom has tendered money.
- Regarding the tearing up of a change voucher by the driver. This cannot be done as the issuing of the said voucher is within the electronic system of the ticket machine. Drivers are not supposed to issue money on a change ticket that they have previously issued.
- Buses cannot leave a few minutes early to allow for traffic as that would mean running early. This can result in a fine for the bus company and a disciplinary for the driver.
- Traffic is a legitimate excuse for a bus running late. Car drivers have the option of choosing an alternative route when traffic is heavy. Bus drivers have to stick to the route.
Summary: Before you complain get your facts right.