Newest Review: ... bold and stands out well and isn't too cluttered. It's very easy to navigate with a simple text menu at the top, by clicking these links ... more
Member Name: Diamonds08
Advantages: Quick and Reliable (most of the time!)
Having spent three years in a long distance relationship, this meant me using virgin trains every other weekend for a 200 mile journey. From these numerous journeys i now have mixed feelings about the service provided.
It cannot be denied that virgin trains provide by far the most comfortable journeys - the seats are comfortable, although the leg room isnt vast it is adequate and tables are provided should you need to do any work etc... However all this is available if you do manage to actually get a seat, as most of my journeys made were on weekends it was obviously a very busy period and more than often i had to stand on the service.
It was not very often that the trains were delayed, however if they were, fault was admitted and more often than not partial refunds were offered - which i consider to be excellent customer service.
But Virgin Train prices are in my opinion very over-priced. Although on some journeys if you book in advance cheap tickets are available, however as i became aware there are also many routes where cheaper tickets are not available.
Summary: Good Service
More reviews in the field of Transport National
- What lies beneath!
- Gatwick Express - There are alternatives
- South West Trains... commuter services in a mixed passenger world
- A Good Example of Privatisation
- Birmingham new street
- Bad Policies
- Do not use if you can help it! Absolute rip off!
- Megabus UK bad service and price increases
- Thought I'd share a positive experience!!
- To Fort William on the Caledonian Sleeper Train Service - anecdotes of a great r ...