Newest Review: ... Cape to the Falls. VJV were up to their usual very high standard, I was met and accompanied at each end by local, enthusiastic and prof... more
Voyages Jules Verne - Nile Tour
Voyages Jules Verne
Member Name: epajl
Voyages Jules Verne
Date: 17/06/00, updated on 17/06/00 (4949 review reads)
Disadvantages: putting up with VJV
If you have only a week and want to 'do' Egypt then an organised tour is essential. VJV organise a number of tours -ours was four days on the Nile followed by three days in Cairo. The tour was advertised as staying at the Mena House - a fantastic colonial style 5* hotel in the shadow of the great pyramid (lie in the pool and look up at the only surviving wonders of the world). However, the day before departure they informed us that they could not book the Mena House and instead put us up at some concrete identikit hotel. Some guests were not told until they got of the plane in Cairo - many tears!
The verdict - ask for written confirmation that they have the Hotel of your choice booked - this is quite common apparently. It may not guarantee the hotel but you will be able to complain much more effectively.
Still, Egypt was the star of this trip - the Nile was fantastic and the ancient monuments and museums were staggering. Shame about VJV and some of it's practices.
(Also, be prepared fot VJV guides to ask for huge tips - for themselves and to grease your way around Egypt.)
More reviews in the field of Travel Agent
- Thomson - Never again!
- Great value at Trailfinders
- ISIC Cards - cheap flights, youth hostels, and many other benefits
- High quality service, at a price thats right
- Student travel extrodinaire
- Bronte Country
- VIRGIN HOLIDAYS NEED A LESSON IN CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!
- Virgin Holidays Ruined our £13,000+ Holiday with their Inhabitable Orlando Villa ...
- Shocking, unhelpful service, beware before you part with your hard earned cash!
- Express Review Edinburgh weekend trip