Newest Review: ... initiative to keep hotel room and amend flights. Having done so broker advises that wife and son won't be covered if they stay, althou... more
Insurance company expects sick daughter to sleep with father!!!
Member Name: davidbullets
Disadvantages: Useless and waste of many hours chasing
On a family holiday of four to Barbados both my daughter and I got an ear infection and my daughter could not fly. I was not given a clear date to fly, but given no response from broker took initiative to keep hotel room and amend flights.
Having done so broker advises that wife and son won't be covered if they stay, although the rooms would still be needed because I don't plan to share a room with my 10 year old daughter. Hotel kindly gave us a free upgrade for another room and were wonderful as was the my travel agent back home.... the insurance company phoned me back 12 hours after the flights were rearranged!!
On return broker insists that because my wife and son stayed that they would halve the claim.
After 3 months of deliberation I might add and no communication until chased three times and still no breakdown of the actual amount paid.
Laughable - get yourself a proper insurance travel policy with someone that can actually help you and doesn't take the proverbial when you return home thousands poorer.
Summary: Find a travel insurance company that understands your needs when stuck abroad
More reviews in the field of Travel Insurance
- The illusion of protection
- AXA Travel Assistance - Redefining "Service"
- What is the value of Nationwide "free" travel insurance?
- Nationwide Building Society - Excellent Service!
- "Axa Travel Insurance Fantastic "
- Premium insurance that won't pay out when stranded in Nairobi for 4 days
- Skiing Insurance - They might appear good value
- Making a claim experience. Not good