Product Type: Challenge Trimmer
Newest Review: ... about it, I put the television on, "There is no satellite signal being received", I looked outside and saw the hedge had grown t... more
Challenge Hedge Trimmer
Member Name: benlepensive
Challenge Hedge Trimmer
Advantages: good for small bushes and hedges
Disadvantages: short charge time
We do not have a major hedge at the current house, but we do have some bushes that require maintenance. You know the ones I mean, they sit at ground level and require someone to come out every three months and remove excess foliage. You can of course use a pair of scissors or rip with the bare hands, but there is something more commanding about standing outside with a trimmer in hands, looking manly and attempting to show off to the neighbours.
The beauty of this tool, aside from the price tag of fifty pounds is the simplicity. We borrowed it off a mother in law, so it did not cost us anything, but having had a go with it, I think I would probably part with the cash for this tool. Lightweight enough to carry around the garden, the trimmer comes fitted with a serated blade, which looks rather basic at first glance. When you turn it on though, the jiggly motion starts and the pulsations of the blade work to power the tool.
With a built in saftey mechanism you can rest assured that the machine can be cut off quickly and easily if you need to hurridly. I liked the handle on this, surprisingly comfy to hold and grip for lengthy pruning sessions. I used both hands and one hands to work it and it worked well for me.
In terms of results, it cuts through twigs and branches quickly and does foliage well to because the blades are small enough to sculpt as you work. It is less successful at massive clumps of wood as I discovered, but for hedges and bushes it is perfect.
The machine is operated through a cordless system, so you can recharge the appliance over several hours and then work for nearly half an hour continuous. This is fine for smaller jobs but would get annoying for larger hedges with quite a short charged time. We will continue to use it for smaller garden bushes and keep it in the garage for general maintenance. Overall, a solid enough buy.
Summary: overall a good tool
More reviews in the field of Trimmer
- Get that hedge trimmed!
- A Hedge Between Keeps Friendship Green
- Black and Decker Trimmer - Makes gardening that extra bit better
- This strimmer is a weapon of mass destruction!
- Brilliant little strimmer- yet slightly lethal to the feet!
- Solid, reliable, good value
- Fly Flymo
- Chop chop! Time for a trim
- Nice little strimmer.
- A Bosch that fails to bump
- Black & Decker GLC1825N
- Bosch Ciso
- Bosch Isio Cordless Edging Shear with Telescopic Handle
- Bosch Isio Cordless Shrub & Edging Shear Set
- Ryobi RHT4245 400w Hedge Trimmer
- Bosch BQ112
- Makita 43CC 4-Stroke Petrol Brush Cutter
- Black & Decker BLACK AND DECKER GT6060 600W 60cm Hedge Trimmer
- Pro-Craft 450Watt Hedge Trimmer
- Pro-Craft 350Watt Grass Trimmer