Product Type: Flymo Trimmer
Newest Review: ... it, cutting the grass right down to a lawnmower type finish. So how does this Flymo Power Trim 500 fair up to this ideology? For start... more
I can't use this unfortunately
Flymo Power Trim 500
Member Name: freud
Flymo Power Trim 500
Advantages: does a good job
Disadvantages: 'jumps', vibrates & is noisy
With hubby working the long hours he does & my daughters having no interest whatsover in garden maintainence it's up to me to cut the lawn & do the edges. I do love our garden but would much rather plant & prune rather than the aforementioned but unfortunately, with the weather we've been having, it seems that the grass needs to be cut every week now.
I'd actually prefer to have really good pair if old-fashioned edging shears to trim the edges but hubby recently bought a Flymo Power Trim 500 which, he insisted, would make life easier for me. In fact it's he who has to use it because I can't get on with it at all.
From the description it sounds a good piece of garden equipment for the following reasons -
- has a 500 watt motor
- good height - 116cm
- 10 metre cable (generous compared to other makes
- fully adjustable handle
- weighs only 3.7kg
- costs only £34.99 (Amazon or Argos)
However, I just cannot get on with this machine for several reasons ~
- when you switch it on it 'jumps' which scares the life out of me.
- it's noisy & irritatingly so.
- the lines keep breaking & although it's an automatic feed it sometimes needs fiddling about with.
- when using the Flymo I find the vibration of it too strong up my arm which isn't pleasant.
When hubby uses it he doesn't have a problem (except with the line feed) & just seems to get the job done fairly quickly without understanding why I don't like using it.
I must admit it does do a good job especially around the base of some large trees which we have along with other awkward places which would be difficult to access otherwise.
- a well-priced garden trimmer which does the job.
- long cable.
- fiddly line feed.
- may not suit everyone so may be worth borrowing from a neighbour before buying?
Summary: gives a good result especially if you can persuade someone else to use it!