Product Type: Hoover tumble dryers
Newest Review: ... way to dry your clothes and after a while I stopped using half the controls on this machine. However using the manual controls where ... more
Member Name: CharlieBrownDog
Advantages: Looks Good
Disadvantages: Doesn't dry clothes properly
I struggled with this machine for almost 2 years.
The sensor dry does not dry you clothes to a point where they can stay in the machine ready for you to collect them. The machine does such a poor job at venting the steam that your clothes are affected, and the sensor dry will come on and off all day if you let it. This is obviously an expensive way to dry your clothes and after a while I stopped using half the controls on this machine. However using the manual controls where you select a time wasn't much better and I found I was putting loads on for an hour longer than I used to in my old machine.
If you are thinking of using this machine in the garage, don't bother unless the air is bone dry. I found on humid days my machine would flash the lights on and off and would not let me use it, or it would not turn on at all. The fact the machine doesn't vent the steam away properly adds to the increasing humidity in my garage, making the problem occur even in winter. This began within a month of owning the machine, and I called the helpline to have someone to look at it, but then canceled my appointment because my machine has decided to work again and I didn't want to be charged for the call out. This was the start of a machine that had these electrical quirks quite often.
After 2 years it finally broke and I opened the unit to find out that the steam hadn't been extracted and vented properly - the electrical boards and wires within the machine were soaked, and this is (i suspect) what finally killed the machine.
I wouldn't recommend this machine to anyone. Because of this machine I will only buy condensers from now on.
Summary: I wouldn't recommend this machine
More reviews in the field of Tumble Dryer
- Good value condenser dryer
- Damp Socks are a Thing of the Past
- White Knight 37AW - Will it be in Shining Armour?
- I remain unconvinced that this is the best dryer out there.
- A good value dryer
- Best tumble dryer I have ever used!
- Indesit Tumble Dryer IDV75
- White Knight 38AS Tumble Dryer
- Keeps my smalls out of view
- Useful, but only for small loads
- Hotpoint TVF760K
- Hotpoint TVF760
- Hotpoint-Ariston TCL770G
- Hotpoint CTD40G Aquarius
- Russell Hobbs RHVTD300 6Kg White Vented Sensor Tumble Dryer
- Russell Hobbs RHCTD200B 8Kg Black Condensor Sensor Tumble Dryer
- Samsung WF70F5E2W4X
- TEAM INTERNATIONAL TI3100NP COMPACT TUMBLE DRYER WHITE
- Daewoo RC350B Bagged Cylinder Cleaner
- LG RC9011A