Newest Review: ... flaw. The design of the sensor dry system means that if you want to place it in an unheated utility room, garage or similar then on cold... more
Author Name: Peter
Advantages: simple controls
Disadvantages: won't work properly outside of a warm cosy kitchen
For many people this will be a great machine with a big load and very simple controls, but for others it will be a disaster because there is a significant design flaw. The design of the sensor dry system means that if you want to place it in an unheated utility room, garage or similar then on cold days it will simply shut down and refuse to work. This information is buried deep in the instruction manual which you don't get until purchase or in a downloadable pdf file of the manual that you can get off Whirlpool's website. Whirlpool maintain that this level of notification is adequate for you to make an informed choice and have no interest if your machine won't work in your chosen or perhaps only location.
The manual advises that it be used only in a room that is between 15C and 20C. How precise is that?
So if you have a convenient room that is always between 15 and 20C then it's a great machine. If not then avoid!
Summary: major design flaw may make it unsuitable
More reviews in the field of Tumble Dryer
- Drying time in Widow Twankey's laundry
- Cheap and does exactly the job its supposed to.
- White Knight in shining armour!
- My new best friend!
- So that's where that sock went!
- Best tumble dryer I have ever used!
- great value
- Indesit Tumble Dryer IDV75
- White Knight 38AS Tumble Dryer
- Keeps my smalls out of view
- Hotpoint TVEM70C6G Tumble Dryer Experience Vented 7kg Graphite
- Haier HD80-79
- Hotpoint AQC9BF5I
- Beko DCU9330
- Beko DCU7230W
- Beko DCU7230S
- Hotpoint AQ113D697IUK
- White Knight 28009W 4.1kg Gravity Drained White Spin Dryer
- Indesit IDCE8450BS Condenser Tumble Dryer Advance 8kg B Rated Silver
- Blomberg TKF 8455 AGE60