Product Type: Gemini turntables
Newest Review: ... get this model and prices will vary from around one hundred pounds or so per deck. The model has been made with a keen eye, stylish d... more
The poor mans (or womans) Technics
Member Name: PAULSWFC
Date: 02/06/01, updated on 02/06/01 (2519 review reads)
Advantages: Cheap, Quality, No corners cut
Disadvantages: Might not last as long as some more expensive decks
I have recently upgraded to these decks after making the biggest mistake any budding DJ could make, and thats buying belt drive decks!
The difference is unbelievable to say they are designed for the same thing. These decks actually hold their pitch (which is fairly important when beat matching), they also look abit like technics as well which might even impress some people even if the music does'nt!
These direct drive decks also feedback alot less than the old decks (which were Kam BDX280's, not bad for a starter deck )and do not jump as much when holding the record back.
I really recommend these decks to anyone, the platter is also really solid so if your into scratching then it would hold firm i'm sure. If you have abit more money then the Gemini 2100's are better still with the digital display, or theres the Numark TT-2's. But for the price these are top!
More reviews in the field of Turntable
- The original and best
- You just can't go wrong with this baby!
- Great decks but not so great on your wallet
- You spin me right round baby right round - erm, like a record...
- Almost a technics beater.
- Now all our music is digital
- Precision, Control & Performance no other than a 1210!
- Iconic turntables and plenty good enough for DJing
- excellent turntabled for DJing and listening
- Review of the awesome Technics SL 2010 II