Newest Review: ... The Glee club is made up of these main members- - Rachel Berry (Lea Michelle) - Finn Hudson ( Cory Monteith) - Quinn Fabray ( Diana Agron... more
Being a Gleek isn't all lyrics and show tunes you know...Oh wait, it is!
Glee - Road to Sectionals - Season 1 (DVD)
Member Name: Pinky101
Glee - Road to Sectionals - Season 1 (DVD)
Advantages: Excellent storyline, characters and music
Do you remember when Glee first aired on E4? Well, I do. It was a crisp, calm evening and I was casually watching TV without a care in the world, not expecting the magic that was about to hit me!
Every week, the group grew on me more and more; until I was totally addicted. At first, I thought it was a little bit cheesy, but then a lot of the Super-Gleeks out there did too! When the DVD was released I was totally hyped. I mean, they can all sing, they all have issues that they deal with in their lives which is totally relatable to a high percentage of their target audience. The thing with Glee is, it's able to bring a smile to your face when you're in the glummest of moods. This DVD was the best tenner I ever spent, I'll tell you that for sure.
This DVD has half of season 1 (teasing me or what!) which, to be fair is a lot on a DVD. The Glee club embark on a journey in which they dream of winning their sectional Glee choir competition. The Glee club is made up of these main members-
- Rachel Berry (Lea Michelle)
- Finn Hudson ( Cory Monteith)
- Quinn Fabray ( Diana Agron)
- Kurt Hummel ( Chris Colfer)
- Mercedes Jones ( Amber Riley)
- Tina Cohen Chang ( Jenna Ushkowitz)
- Mike Chang ( Harry Shum, Jr)
- Mr. William Shouster ( Matthew Morrison)
- Coach Sue Sylvester ( Jane Lynch)
- Noah Pukkerman (Puck)
- Artie Abrams (Kevin Mchale)
- Brittany S. Pearce (Heather Morris)
- Santana Lopez (Naya Rivera)
This musically talented group explore their inner selves and express their emotions deeply through the theatre and musical arts, rather successfully if I may add! The group are challenged by the constant pressure of bullying, being outcasts from modern teenage society and having difficult relationships. The show begins to unravel when one of the main characters fall pregnant, but who's is it? This causes conflict between a mass of the characters and the casual high school life begins to set in. The group has the most stable and caring tutor, Mr Shoo. Mr Shoo transforms the Glee club and helps them to see that they can all be stars. Glee's main aim is to prove that no matter what you look like, if you can express yourself then you can be a star. Glee harbours a wheelchair bound member, a homosexual member and an overweight member. Glee has helped millions of people express their inner pain with music. This particular DVD covers 13 episodes of the season, including the all important final performance at sections, with a truly shocking result.
What really struck me about this DVD was the imaging on the box it came in, as it metaphorically spoke to me. On the back of the box, there is a dustbin with the Glee club members in it, excluding just two members: the cheerleader and the Jock (not Finn, Puck :D) The teachers are stood outside the dustbin, showing me that they are the leaders. The characters in the trash bin are cleverly expressing their individuality. The main, obnoxious character, Rachel, is stood with her hands in the air, hosting a smile. Which, once you have gotten to know Rachel's character shows you that she is ok with being unpopular and different, as long as she has her voice! The others, casually hosting bored, glum faces; the transformation of Glee begins!
This DVD has loads of extra features, music videos and bloopers. When I first bought this DVD me and my mum stayed up until 5am watching the entire lot, haha! Well worth it thought to be honest. Glee is funny, entertaining and touching. This DVD has literally been one of the best things I have ever bought. To be honest, I just saw Glee live in London and they are all so talented, no lip syncing at all! You can purchase this DVD in most major supermarkets and local entertainment stores. I purchased mine from a local Blockbuster last year, I think, for £9.99. I have not yet seen someone disappointed by Glee, a high recommendation from me. This DVD is rated 12 as is does include some moderate language, sex and drug references. I hope this review has been helpful
Summary: An amazing product, a sky-high recommendation from Pinky! X x x
More reviews in the field of TV Series
- Chris Ryan's Strike Back Embodied in a TV Mini-Series
- Hayride to Hayleyville, and onto Vienna
- Tell me what you don't like about yourself...
- Back for the Third Time...
- Because Parks Don't Grow On Trees
- Sugar Rush
- A Snake in Elizabethan Clothing
- The (Inspirational) Start Of The River Cottage Empire
- Bad Butlering, Ridiculous Regents and Turnip Traumas
- Deliciously Dark Dexter
- How I Met Your Mother - Season 1-8 (DVD)
- Him & Her - Series 1 & 2 (DVD)
- Grey's Anatomy - Season 1-9 Complete Box Set (DVD)
- Fresh Meat - Series 2 (DVD)
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? - The Complete Series 1 & 2 (DVD)
- Love Soup - Series 1 (DVD)
- Dad's Army - The Complete First Series (DVD)
- Rising Damp: Series 2, Episodes 1 To 4 (VHS)